2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would give him a start next to Doucoure over Allan atm. Allan looks a little labored, plenty of endeavor but a half step short of really putting his stamp on the proceedings.
I don’t understand how anyone can not watch Allan’s 90 minutes yesterday and say he was laboured. Absolute madness, he was probably my MOTM, he was everywhere defensively and carried the ball really well to start off attacks after regaining the ball.

I think the writing is on the wall for Tom. If he hasn’t forced his way into the team by now then he never will.

Swaps don’t happen often but I really can see him and Longstaff switching clubs.

I think the writing is on the wall for Tom. If he hasn’t forced his way into the team by now then he never will.

Swaps don’t happen often but I really can see him and Longstaff switching clubs.
Possibly. I think he’ll find his way into the side over the course of a long season. He may not be first XI quality but he can do a job.

Is he gonna have an entire career as a bit part player though?
Tbh I actually think he will, he just does'nt have any standout attributes despite playing in what is most probably the key area of the pitch, he just stinks of squad player imo and I see that wherever he plays.

Longstaff would be a curious signing , a player who had a about a dozen decent games when he was first brought into the first team but who has since faded to insignificance.
His pathway is reminiscent of players like Rodwell or Baningime for us , early youthful energy masking a glaringly average player.
Whatever you think of Davies he is head and shoulders a better player than Longstaff.

Status
Not open for further replies.