Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit to turning off my interest in everything to do with Everton since the fat Spanish waiter's appointment. Not too surprising therefore that I haven't kept anything like up to date with potential transfers in and out.

I've just caught up and even now, without investing much of myself into our fortunes as would normally be the case, I stumble over some of the names linked.

Benitez was notoriously bad in the transfer market - sometimes presiding over a bit of a horror show. Even when with Liverpool, most of their big successes like Gerard and Carragher weren't bought in, some big names already there when he arrived but multiple flops were added.

This parade of names linked with us is like reading about a festival of mediocrity, I can't wait for the day when I can start taking even a modicum of interest in us again - hard times ahead.

I'm only supporting Southport this season - at least they're very poor, but expectation is very low, defeat expected and results will be what they always have been, but at least far more local (for me) and not bothered if they lose again.

Regardless of everyone's opinion about how good, bad Gylfi is....... We are going to have to find someone else who can score 5-8 goals a season to replace him. Doesn't sound much does it, but its a lot when your defenders and midfielders are contributing such a poor return for goals over the season.

Whoever we put on pens will make up those goals. I’m sure Gray can replace the 1-2 open play goals a season he scores.

Regardless of everyone's opinion about how good, bad Gylfi is....... We are going to have to find someone else who can score 5-8 goals a season to replace him. Doesn't sound much does it, but its a lot when your defenders and midfielders are contributing such a poor return for goals over the season.
He got 3 goals last season from open play

I don’t think everything is as doom and gloom as my rampant pessimism is making out, but RB is beyond a priority at this point. Sell to buy is just a little bit depressing isn’t it :’)
Our own fault though, and much the fault of our fraudulent ex-managers

I don’t even think Bolasie was that bad of a signing just really unlucky with that injury.
He was a 15 mill pound player we bought for close to 30 mill. It wasn't his fault we paid that amount for him but it was madness. He was a decent enough player before the injury and did work hard which he didint get much credit for.

I don’t think everything is as doom and gloom as my rampant pessimism is making out, but RB is beyond a priority at this point. Sell to buy is just a little bit depressing isn’t it :’)
Our own fault though, and much the fault of our fraudulent ex-managers
I really wonder if our finances are as bad as that. Carlo running might back that up. On the other hand I would be suprised if Rafael agreed to join us on a sell to buy ticket esp with what happened at the barcodes

Status
Not open for further replies.