Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things won’t get better until we get ALL of the huge earning non-contributors out the door. We’ve still some way to go on that.
Yeah sorry I added to my post to talk about that. I think nearly all of those you mention are out of contract this year.

Loan or cheap short term solution with Premier League experience to complete with Coleman:drunk:. If this’s true then what is the point of DOF? Crying out for a new starting right-back for ages.

"Director of football Marcel Brands likes PSV Eindhoven's Denzel Dumfries but discussions with manager Rafael Benitez about the player are on-going.

But given that Everton have been looking at alternatives to Dumfries hints at doubts over whether the £15m-rated Dutch international will make the switch to Goodison this summer, despite confidence a deal could be done.

Insiders have even suggested that the Blues could end up signing a short-term solution to the problem position and look for a player with Premier League experience to dovetail with Coleman throughout the season."

I mean... what the hell is the point in doing the bolded?? Do they really still rate Seamus THAT much?

"Director of football Marcel Brands likes PSV Eindhoven's Denzel Dumfries but discussions with manager Rafael Benitez about the player are on-going.

But given that Everton have been looking at alternatives to Dumfries hints at doubts over whether the £15m-rated Dutch international will make the switch to Goodison this summer, despite confidence a deal could be done.

Insiders have even suggested that the Blues could end up signing a short-term solution to the problem position and look for a player with Premier League experience to dovetail with Coleman throughout the season."

I mean... what the hell is the point in doing the bolded?? Do they really still rate Seamus THAT much?

If we don’t replace Coleman with a first choice right back we are not finishing in the top half.

Lol our director of football does actually need to watch our footballers play football lads. Ideally he would also watch how they interact off the pitch too to make sure new players aren’t just good at football but ‘the right fit’ as well - something that Moyes for example was very good at doing on the whole, getting like minded hard working players in to make the team better than the sum of its parts.

I’m all for bashing Brands on signing Iwobi and Delph but I’ll reserve my judgement on this window until it’s over. He can certainly contact agents from wherever he is based in the world so it made sense for him to go with the squad. So far, more deadwood gone than expected and potentially a couple more to go and some decent enough squad players coming in on more realistic wages. A top RB and an exciting attacker and as long as we don’t lose anyone important we’ve clearly improved the squad.

Think there’s a lot of uncertainty around at the moment.
If the Gray, Townsend and Begovic incomings prove anything, it’s that nobody has a clue what’s happening until things are in their later stages.

Signing Coleman on an extension doesn’t mean we 100% won’t be bringing another right back in, people need to wait and see instead of getting their kex all soiled unnecessarily.

Im pretty sure there is some truths in the hearsay that we need to offload a few still, that makes common sense, so let’s hope Delph, Kenny, Gylfi (I know), Iwobi, Gomes and probably Kean and James secure moves soon.

Where’ve you got that from?
Seems like nonsense and lazy journalists putting two and two together after we gave our captain a years extension. He’s just there to fill in a bit and be a captain imo

Status
Not open for further replies.