Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they actually think he still has it. No one EVER appointed someone who they did not rate
They have hired a manager whom they believe will improve us so that we have Champions League football in our first season in B M D
My sensible head believes that is the dream …. those who think we’re settling for mud table mediocre safety need to take some think straight pills
I am NOT claiming Rafael is the best choice for that but that that was the thinking .
Remember the board just got nutted by their Hollywood name …. Hollywood will always go to the next big payday movie

They have hired a manager whom they believe will improve us so that we have Champions League football in our first season in B M D
My sensible head believes that is the dream …. those who think we’re settling for mud table mediocre safety need to take some think straight pills
I am NOT claiming Rafael is the best choice for that but that that was the thinking .
Remember the board just got nutted by their Hollywood name …. Hollywood will always go to the next big payday movie
100% agree.
Excellent post

100%

Gray better than Bernard and Townsend better than Iwobi

Obviously, to fit your narrative, you will not admit these things

I mean, both of these things are actually hugely debatable, but let’s give you the benefit of the doubt and say you’re right. All we’ve done is save a bit of wages to make the bench a tiny bit stronger. I’m sorry but that’s not going to push us higher up the table.

Benitez is on between £6m and £9m a year, which is way above that of Potter. If you're talking about money to spend, again I think that's a fallacy.
It’s not fallacy, we have breached Premier League rules. We have to sell players to get back within compliance.

Like it or not the club are operating under severe fiscal constraints due to profit/sustainability rules. Unless we can sell one or more players for big fees the best we can do is low/no cost & modest wages every time we manage to clear a significant wage for buttons eg Delph. Complaining or saying it is a lack of ambition ignores how we got ourselves into this position - reckless spending in pursuit of ambitious targets.

Like it or not the club are operating under severe fiscal constraints due to profit/sustainability rules. Unless we can sell one or more players for big fees the best we can do is low/no cost & modest wages every time we manage to clear a significant wage for buttons eg Delph. Complaining or saying it is a lack of ambition ignores how we got ourselves into this position - reckless spending in pursuit of ambitious targets.

Precisely. Yet apparently it’s a tin foil hat conspiracy to think the club want to remain in a stable league position while we get ourselves out of this financial mess.

I mean, both of these things are actually hugely debatable, but let’s give you the benefit of the doubt and say you’re right. All we’ve done is save a bit of wages to make the bench a tiny bit stronger. I’m sorry but that’s not going to push us higher up the table.
Improving your squad does not make you better?

Weird

Precisely. Yet apparently it’s a tin foil hat conspiracy to think the club want to remain in a stable league position while we get ourselves out of this financial mess.
No, mate. It is tin foil crap to imagine they and the manager have agreed to aim for mid table when the aim will clearly be higher than that.

The transfers we made put us into this position, so it is the club's responsibility to find solutions to help improve the position. There is no excuse to never be able to sell players. It's a difficult market but there are clubs selling players who have barely played first team football for good fees.

They need to find the answers over the next 4 weeks because the squad is currently not good enough and no one wants to watch the same players get more chances to let us down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.