Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have hired a manager whom they believe will improve us so that we have Champions League football in our first season in B M D
My sensible head believes that is the dream …. those who think we’re settling for mud table mediocre safety need to take some think straight pills
I am NOT claiming Rafael is the best choice for that but that that was the thinking .
Remember the board just got nutted by their Hollywood name …. Hollywood will always go to the next big payday movie
I agree with this. I also think that it will be treading water this season while some of the losses unwind.

Benitez will understand the situation this season, bug no doubt will get investment next year.

Why did Brands go to Florida by the way? Has that been answered yet?
Just look at it - Glorious

hammock-beach-conservatory_c58db692-d253-42d1-b25c-4fad45d5ed8f.jpg

Hiring a manager for security. It is a thing.
I think after this year, things get much better don’t they? Our big losses were 18/19 and 19/20. First of which falls out of the calculation after this season.

Plus this year gets more dross off the books in terms of wages.

So things will be looking a lot better on the basis we continue to make sensible signings in the meantime.

Well let’s see how the window ends. But we won 3 of our last 12 I think. One more win and we would have been 8th one point behind Spurs in 7th

I know all teams can say what if. But some of them other games in that run. Palace we miss 3/4 sitters, Spurs at home gift them 2 goals, while we again miss some very good chances. And villa away another game in which we controlled but threw away 2 points.

Also teams around us, yes Arsenal are buying players by the looks of it. Spurs will to, but they are loosing 2 of the 3 players that score all their goals and create all their chances from last season. West Ham not doing much and have the extra games. I’m hopeful if we can get them extra couple of quality players in, we will be in the mix for top 8.

A lot of it will come down to luck and keeping your best players fit

Why does all that matter now? We have a different manager.

They have hired a manager whom they believe will improve us so that we have Champions League football in our first season in B M D
My sensible head believes that is the dream …. those who think we’re settling for mud table mediocre safety need to take some think straight pills
I am NOT claiming Rafael is the best choice for that but that that was the thinking .
Remember the board just got nutted by their Hollywood name …. Hollywood will always go to the next big payday movie

All parties would be over the moon if we are sniffing around 7th by April. That's my thinking.

What the holes we have, its difficult but not at all impossible, and we shouldn't fall into believing all we are good enough for is 10th or 11th.

We haven't lost anyone we would have trouble replacing, and the signings that have come in will offer more than the deadwood we can or cannot shift.

With improved fitness, organisation, and a bit of luck with injuries plus another couple of signings by whatever means possible, we could have a relatively decent season with something to build on.

West Ham got sixth after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.