Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I'm not feeling too good these days. I've made some bad life decisions. My heart is broken for months now and it's not getting any better. The scary thing is I don't talk to anyone about this it's all bottling up inside of me. I'm really struggling to cope at the moment.
I was in a really dark place having thoughts a father should never have last year mate when I realised I'd lost my wife. It took time and I'm not totally over it but the clouds have shifted. It's more overcast than storm clouds these days. I wish you all the very best it's not easy but a few on here have been through similar and there can be better times ahead.

So sad to hear that you are struggling at the moment. There are posters on here more qualified than me to give advice and have done so already. One thing I know from personal experience is bottling things up does no good. It is a cliche but a trouble shared is a trouble halved. The Samaritans may be one avenue you wish to go down. You’ve already made the first step posting on here and are amongst friends. I wish you all the best.
Gwladys good post son your advice and support is as always very welcome. Well said fella.

As someone who has darkness over him every day, take my advice when I say speak to people. People WILL surprise you. It’s a bit cliche, but If your friends judge you and don’t support then maybe you’re better seeing that side of them for the long run.
I haven’t read any previous posts, just saw your darkness line and felt to give my view.

it is not weakness to ask for help or support. I don’t have any real friends in life really apart from my misses. If you have friends then reach out. Many people do not have that option either!
Great post buddy

I was in a really dark place having thoughts a father should never have last year mate when I realised I'd lost my wife. It took time and I'm not totally over it but the clouds have shifted. It's more overcast than storm clouds these days. I wish you all the very best it's not easy but a few on here have been through similar and there can be better times ahead.
I would 2nd your reply mate. My situation sounds similar to yours.

I would 2nd your reply mate. My situation sounds similar to yours.
It's a cliché but I'm focusing on the positives. E.g my own space, no negativity in the house, nobody belittling me at every turn, these things can take their toll on you. Same as thinking positive thoughts every day can have the exact opposite effect. Hope you're coming out of it mate

It went OK I think but not really solved anything. I'm in a bigger mess now maybe the worse ever. I just wish it was all over
Whatever it is won't be resolved immediately. But you said things went ok. That's a step in the right direction. Things get harder before they get better especially if you have only just discussed them. It's part of the the healing process. You've taken a big step in the right direction. PM me mate if you need to.

It went OK I think but not really solved anything. I'm in a bigger mess now maybe the worse ever. I just wish it was all over
What do you need to do to move forward mate? Are you happy at work? Is it life at home? Or is it something else making you unhappy?.
I always feel happy when my week at work has gone well and then I get out at the weekend for a run. I feel like absolute crap if I don't get a couple of runs in a week. It just clears my head.

I'm on vacation at the moment. Left on Sunday. I literally couldn't leave the bed Saturday. I threw up twice Sunday morning. My wife yelled at me aggressively until I got in the car and drove here. Apparently that's what I needed at the time. I've felt like absolutely crap since last Wednesday with panic attacks everywhere. What's that, it's 2am and you simply woke up? Panic attack.

I tried, repeatedly, to get out of this. It might sounds like Im unhappy with this out her but I'm not I thanked her, repeatedly, the last 2 nights because there's no chance I could get here without that.

I KNOW something is wrong. I also am about as sure as you can that it's all in my mind. And that kind of makes it worse. I've been to 50+ countries. I love to talk to people. As it stands simply being in public makes me melt down.

I honestly hate life.

Last edited: