Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I’m sorry you are having to deal with so much heat, it seems so many people around the world are having to encounter such heat waves and it can get very uncomfortable. Let’s hope the weather goddesses will have some pity and send some cool weather over the UK soon. Hopefully your GP will also be able to figure out more about your condition and how to improve it. Im sure it must be hard for you not to get answers right away but try to stay strong and positive, but whenever you feel down and need to chat don’t hesitate to reach out.

I’m doing well, we are currently driving to
Florida for a short break. We will be going to watch Everton and hopefully James on Sunday. This may be our chance to get a trophy so I’m excited about watching our Blues.
Have a great time in Florida Sassy and I hope you and your family particularly enjoy watching the toffees, you never know you maybe our lucky mascot.

Btw, we live in North Carolina so the drive was a little bit over 7 hours, we just arrive to St. Augustine and it is hot and humid but im Colombian so it doesn’t bother me as much. My anguish is the AC, my husband likes to keep it so cold that even during the summer I have to wear a sweater or I will be freezing.
7hrs drive practicing your booing, youll have it perfected - dont forget to throw any rotten veg. at the new manager its a custom lol enjoy yourselves

I feel your pain because in an ironic twist I don't like the cold either!! I have about a 4 degree operating window if its any hotter/colder I complain.

That's a long drive I'm glad you've made it safely. Hope the accommodation you are checked into can keep both you and your husband the right temperature.

The warm weather will probably favour tge Colombian side but hopefully Everton can overcome this.
Happy Sunday, Messy!

I definitely rather to be warm than cold. The hubby has had pity on me and has kept the AC at a good temperature but yesterday after being at the beach all day it was me the one that wanted the room colder :Blink::hayee:

It was a long drive but we didn’t want to ride a plane because my daughter is not vaccinated against covid yet so we didn’t want to take any risk. Thankfully my husband was doing the driving while my daughter and I were entertained with our electronic devices.

Tbh Im not sure if the weather is going to favor Millonarios or not. They play in Bogota and the weather there is usually cool between 5 and 15 degrees compared 31, that’s Orlando weather temperature for today.

7hrs drive practicing your booing, youll have it perfected - dont forget to throw any rotten veg. at the new manager its a custom lol enjoy yourselves
Hahaha, thanks! I tried to practice my booing skills but then I got distracted here at the forum during those 7 hours, so I’m not sure how well I will perform this evening ;)

Appreciate the comments and help. I've went to a GP before and he keeps on trying "things" but it's absolutely kicking my ass. It's just crap every way I look at it. Have another appointment this Friday because he "wants to talk" after the last one he decided to give me absolutely ruined me for a week.

Got home today from vacation. Happy to be home.

Keep your chin up mate things will pick up just got to ride lifes waves ;) I know what you mean about GP's though injured my ankle sparring and its taken the doctor ages to finally refer me for some tests at the hospital still not fully sorted now!

It went OK I think but not really solved anything. I'm in a bigger mess now maybe the worse ever. I just wish it was all over

Yes, people often do feel worse after talking for the first time about their problems and the things that are making them feel bad. Don't be disheartened by this; you have to remember that when you are talking about how you feel and why, you are actually reliving the situations over again and recalling stuff that is very painful emotionally. But the more you talk the easier it will become and you will start to feel an improvement. Is it possible for you to get some counselling? Maybe you could convince your GP to sign off on referring you to a counsellor for a few sessions.

Yes, people often do feel worse after talking for the first time about their problems and the things that are making them feel bad. Don't be disheartened by this; you have to remember that when you are talking about how you feel and why, you are actually reliving the situations over again and recalling stuff that is very painful emotionally. But the more you talk the easier it will become and you will start to feel an improvement. Is it possible for you to get some counselling? Maybe you could convince your GP to sign off on referring you to a counsellor for a few sessions.
Great advice mate and great descriptive explanation of the talking and opening up and sharing of our problems especially for the first time

Just got a cheeky diagnosis of prosrate cáncer today. Trying to take it in my stride. Seem to be numbs to bad news.

Everton has preparad me for any eventuality!!!
a chara, sorry to hear that news. I hope theyve caught it early. You're right Everton prepare you for all kinds of crap its like we're cursed but we always seem to get through it together-i hope youve plenty of friends to support you out there mate - you've plenty on here brother. .Rath De ort.

a chara, sorry to hear that news. I hope theyve caught it early. You're right Everton prepare you for all kinds of crap its like we're cursed but we always seem to get through it together-i hope youve plenty of friends to support you out there mate - you've plenty on here brother. .Rath De ort.
Really sorry to hear this, hopefully it has been caught early. Wishing you all the best.

A
Cheers Joe, second round of tests in 10 days, will know whether or not it is just in the prostate. Fingers crossed

Just got a cheeky diagnosis of prosrate cáncer today. Trying to take it in my stride. Seem to be numbs to bad news.

Everton has preparad me for any eventuality!!!
Bloody hell mate, I’m sorry to hear it. I think bad news, especially of this magnitude, can take a while to kick in. Best to know what you’re dealing with though; keeping everything crossed for the best possible news for you, mate.