Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

A marriage breaking down doesn’t have to mean anyone has failed, mate. And even if what you say IS true, then you’ve chosen the right one to be great at.

Once the little fella gets used to the new arrangements things will feel a million times better, notwithstanding the fact you’ve made a huge rod for your own back with this water pistol to the face business…
Sorry I was just making a joke out of it. Just thought it was funny. I haven't failed anything and my boy will be fine. I'm going to make sure of it

I'm not feeling too good these days. I've made some bad life decisions. My heart is broken for months now and it's not getting any better. The scary thing is I don't talk to anyone about this it's all bottling up inside of me. I'm really struggling to cope at the moment.
You have to ask for help and talk to whoever you can, there is always help out there. Trust me when I say, you will be ok and it is normal and common to feel like this when going through any trauma. Don't hesitate to share jow you feeling with people you trust, you will be suprised how much support you get.

I'm not feeling too good these days. I've made some bad life decisions. My heart is broken for months now and it's not getting any better. The scary thing is I don't talk to anyone about this it's all bottling up inside of me. I'm really struggling to cope at the moment.
This isn’t a half bad first step mate. Plenty of people frequent this thread who can, and often have given excellent advice. Of course, the meaningful changes can only really come about by you opening up to someone in real life.

You’ve got the ball rolling now. Take some big, deep breaths and carry on. You’ve got this mate. Good luck.

You have to ask for help and talk to whoever you can, there is always help out there. Trust me when I say, you will be ok and it is normal and common to feel like this when going through any trauma. Don't hesitate to share jow you feeling with people you trust, you will be suprised how much support you get.

Thanks for replying. We have enough issues in the family without me adding to it. Cant talk to my friends as I feel they will judge me. So I've just been keeping it to myself but I'm starting to let the darkness hover over me more and more which I'm afraid off as I know this is a sign I'm not really handling it well

This isn’t a half bad first step mate. Plenty of people frequent this thread who can, and often have given excellent advice. Of course, the meaningful changes can only really come about by you opening up to someone in real life.

You’ve got the ball rolling now. Take some big, deep breaths and carry on. You’ve got this mate. Good luck.

Thanks for replying. Yeah I thought I could make the first step on here tonight. Hopefully I can be more braver over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for replying. We have enough issues in the family without me adding to it. Cant talk to my friends as I feel they will judge me. So I've just been keeping it to myself but I'm starting to let the darkness hover over me more and more which I'm afraid off as I know this is a sign I'm not really handling it well

As someone who has darkness over him every day, take my advice when I say speak to people. People WILL surprise you. It’s a bit cliche, but If your friends judge you and don’t support then maybe you’re better seeing that side of them for the long run.
I haven’t read any previous posts, just saw your darkness line and felt to give my view.

it is not weakness to ask for help or support. I don’t have any real friends in life really apart from my misses. If you have friends then reach out. Many people do not have that option either!

Blue clouds, as ever, some great advice already. I have to echo what's been said so far. Your friends are not friends if they judge you fella. As for the " family issues ", the whole family don't have to know. I understand not wanting to put more wood on the fire so to speak but you have an option. Is it possible to share with one or two family members who you trust to be discreet. Who will be supportive but can keep their council about your situation. Your darkness remark is slightly worrying as it suggests a lack of support - light - that can help you. This is not the case buddy. If you haven't already, see your GP and explain how your feeling. There are forums for depression and anxiety that can help and you have some very kind thoughtfully folk on here who are more than willing to discuss and support you. You feel alone but you are not, you feel no one cares but people do and you feel you can't share but you can. So, GP and then a frank discussion with a family member. I guarantee Blueclouds you WILL upset people if you DON'T let them know your struggling because they want to help. If you want you can DM me and we can chat further but you have wonderfully people on here who care and want to listen. Remember, you'll upset people if you DON'T tell them, that's how loved ones and friends think.
Take care for now my friend.

You got to talk brother. Bottling your worries up only causes them to fester. Lifes often a struggle sometimes one suckerpunch after another for all of us, try and open upto someone and unload either personally(family or friend) professionally (priest or doctor) or anonymously like on here none of us know each other fellow blue but we all care about each other and are all here for each other brother. Youre special mate we all are.

So sad to hear that you are struggling at the moment. There are posters on here more qualified than me to give advice and have done so already. One thing I know from personal experience is bottling things up does no good. It is a cliche but a trouble shared is a trouble halved. The Samaritans may be one avenue you wish to go down. You’ve already made the first step posting on here and are amongst friends. I wish you all the best.

So sorry to hear this. As others have said, you need to talk to somebody, either in real life or on here. You've broken the ice by posting. That's good already. Sending much love x

When I was bad and I eventually told my close mates, to a man, they all said that they already knew, but just didn`t know how to broach it with me.

It was a relief for them and me once it was out in the open.

One of them also confided in me, that he`d been on anti depressants off and on for quite a long time, but was too " ashamed " to tell any of us.

I`ve also ended up supporting one of them a few years back, when his marriage broke down and his wife took him to the cleaners.

Thankfully society is starting to change, where having a " broken head " no longer has a stigma attached to it.

When I was bad and I eventually told my close mates, to a man, they all said that they already knew, but just didn`t know how to broach it with me.

It was a relief for them and me once it was out in the open.

One of them also confided in me, that he`d been on anti depressants off and on for quite a long time, but was too " ashamed " to tell any of us.

I`ve also ended up supporting one of them a few years back, when his marriage broke down and his wife took him to the cleaners.

Thankfully society is starting to change, where having a " broken head " no longer has a stigma attached to it.
Great post and an example of how much work us men (for the most part) have to do, to understand that there is nothing to fear about opening up. It literally saves lives, and in this example it’s strengthened bonds of friendship and encouraged others in the group to open up as well.

I have a horrible time trying to discuss my feelings, even with my wife, but to use a boxing analogy I think you’ve just got to bite down on your gum shield and walk forward at least through that first convo.

Just look at how many people are rooting for you here @Blueclouds and we don’t even really know you. Imagine the support waiting for you amongst those who already love you.

Thanks for replying. Yeah I thought I could make the first step on here tonight. Hopefully I can be more braver over the next couple of weeks.
Good start mate. I have had difficult times recently and although I chat to friends they all seem too busy plus I am in a foreign country so its only via text. I find just spilling my thoughts onto here occasionally helps because there's always at least one good soul who will respond. Also, its anonymous so nobody know whi you are. Good luck mate.