New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I? I don't think that's true at all. I understand why people would be frustrated, but I do think some of the response has been a bit one sided and lacking in reflection.

But look, if people are upset, I regret that.
Mate as you said the tyrant of abuse and unsugar coated hurled at Benitez on here and everywhere and you suggest he loses weight to be healthy for the job and it gets a mad reaction for pages on here. You are indeed been held to a different standard. You are not known for low blows, just posting articulate tldr paragraphs. Its why people are jumping on that.

Your last bit could be the exact reason they went for him. Maybe they don't see him as the grenade.

This can only go 2 ways. Brilliantly or not and if it's not brilliant he'll be gone. No time like others to turn it around but he must be confident he can do it.

This is if any of this is true btw. I don't think the club has let anything slip yet so there's still hope.

Oh i'm sure they don't see it as one.

How they don't see it as one is concerning to me though.

How should a manger be expected to deal with the likes of Mike Ashley and Hicks and Gillette? Isn’t the Napoli owner a bit of a basket case as well?

Not saying he’s faultless here, but picking fights with those owners doesn’t seem to be mark against him.

Simon Jordan. Not exactly shy in coming forward on his talkSPORT channel.

Mate as you said the tyrant of abuse and unsugar coated hurled at Benitez on here and everywhere and you suggest he loses weight to be healthy for the job and it gets a mad reaction for pages on here. You are indeed been held to a different standard. You are not known for low blows, just posting articulate tldr paragraphs. Its why people are jumping on that.

Exactly. Catcher is usually wonderful on here but the last few days.

I wonder if they are waiting for replies from other managers or maybe the end of the Euros to see who becomes available?
Was hoping this myself but if that was the case then surely Benitez would have released some sort of statement this morning after the antics overnight.

Reactions: MrD

Listen to yereselves for God's sake, ye want to appoint the Kopite rat because ye object to a banner, that everyone in their right mind objects too? It's not one or the other, but supporring appointing him because ye are upset about a banner is possibly the most "Everton that" thing I have ever seen
“Wirral man gets job at Merseyside sports firm”

Get over yourself. And not everyone in their right mind is objecting to it. Yourself, and some others are, but not everyone is. No one man speaks for everyone else.

That’s the spice of life, everyone has a different opinion.

Oh i'm sure they don't see it as one.

How they don't see it as one is concerning to me though.

Maybe they stupidly thought our fanbase wasn't full of cry babies?

I mean not liking the appointment is one thing but carrying on like some have before a ball has even been kicked and putting up offensive banners etc is hilariously stupid.

Can sort of understand Chelsea fans doing it mid season when they had the pick of some of the worlds best managers but come on whos available at present?

Howe?
Dunc?
Potter?
Nuno?

He will get my support as every Everton manager does.
I didn't think Marco Silva was a good appointment but as soon as he was confirmed as Everton manager he got my support.
Benitez is the same, not my choice as manager and a brave but emotive decision by the owners which can only go one of two ways, a big success or a massive failure.

Supporters not being happy with the appointment is perfectly understandable but boundaries are being crossed here which will sicken decent Everton supporters.

This man lives in Liverpool with his family. From what I gather he has done a lot of work in the community outside of football but others may know more about that.

He is prepared to take the Everton job even though it will tarnish his reputation with Liverpool FC..... and then he has to deal with this nonsense.

I didn't want him as manager but now I would be disgusted if this kind of behaviour forced him to rethink taking the job.

If this bully boy tactics work then where does it stop ?
What I have to laugh at is we had a Kopite owner with a season ticket to Anfield. he was only run out after a decade and after he near got us relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.