New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We recently got Marco Silva, that was the highest risk, this is safe in comparison

This will be the third manager we've appointed in the last decade who had a relegation in their last PL job. So from that respect, Silva and Benitez is of similar risk.

But in terms of the reaction to the appointment, the risk with Benitez is far far higher.

Well done the lads who put that banner outside his house.

Whoever is quick to condemn them are hypocrites, you will never curry favour with the kopites, no matter what you concede, no matter what you pretend is 'crossing a line'.

Have some respect and back your own, there are plenty of lads in Walton who love everton, there are lads who love this club and would go to prison for it.

I bet any money if the boys who did that banner had any input in the club, Iwobi wouldn't be here and we wouldn't of gone nearly 30 years without a cup.

The anger should be put against the board. If you want to pretend you are a superfan by arguing with other blues, that toxic mix could take us down eventually.
Hahahaha.

Sorry... 'respect' for Evertonians whom would go to prison for the club?? lol

GTF. Sincerely hoping this is a joke...

The amount of our fans already calling this tosser Rafael! Some are even apologizing his "small club" bs. I am amazed how many people just happily take whatever is served to them.
Yes, he might be out in six months but by then he will be laughing at us pocketing his hefty compensation, we will be mocked by every neutral and, most importantly, there will be a huge gap among the fans and the board that will not be bridged soon. There will be a lot of respect and trust lost and all this for appointing an arrogant has been.

Genuine question - were you around pre-90s? We had a dreadful reputation for pockets of racism in the fanbase. I was vastly more embarrassed to hear people abuse Taribo West, Ian Wright and others than read this sign.

It's the weird hyperbole that is fueling the hysteria. It's been worse - much, much worse.

Oh I remember it well.

It was going on away from home until Walter Smiths last game. The stuff being said at the Riverside about Paul Ince and the arguments it caused in the concourse at half time were a real eye opener. And this was 2002!

At the same time I never once thought "all Everton fans are racists" nor did I think that "all Everton fans should be ashamed of themselves." it was a select few knobs who were going to behave like that regardless if where they were or what they were doing. It was handled correctly at Middlesborough with the decent people basically telling the knobs to do one.

I can't get on board with the hysteria to be honest.

As I've said - end of the day it's football and he's a football manager.

He wouldn't be the appointment I'd make and to be honest I think it's practically destined he'll fail, but we need to just get on with it.
Imagine a club where most decisions the board made didn't turn out this way every time

I think what he's saying mate is that not wanting him and opposing him (and stating that forcefully) can be expressed in two different ways: one legitimately and the other OTT and laying the basis for threats of violence by dehumanising Benitez. Many have toppled over into the latter category, not just on here but other forums. It needs to end. Now.

i get that mate but the banners etc are tellin the everton board no

the one saying we know we’re you live tho it’s a disgrace

Yes, caught the end of the 80s and the last championship as a kid, but didn't really start match going until mid 90s, in my early teens.

Maybe I was too young to pick up on the racism or just naive to notice - tbf racism was rife at most clubs and other were far worse than us.

I don't recall feeling embarrassed then, and I absolutley should have been, but I was a stupid young man going the match with his mates.

I'm a father if two young kids now, I've grown up a lot, and this threat is absolutley disgusting and embarrassing to me.

No matter that you're views, you must agree that to threaten him at his home is pathetic and just plain wrong - we don't need to lower ourselves to this level.

I thought we were better than that.

To be honest...
I'm utterly embarrassed at times on away days.

Gang of idiots follow us at times.

I remember away at Wolves one guy squared up to me in my face, in front of my 12 year old, because I asked this guy politely to move out of my sons seat so he can sit down.

Idiots to a tee.

Don't really want Rafael to manage us, but seeing that banner threatening the dude at his home has made me feel as bad as I've ever felt about being an Evertonian. Truly shameful stuff.

Leave that sort of deranged hatred to the kopites, please.

Genuine question - were you around pre-90s? We had a dreadful reputation for pockets of racism in the fanbase. I was vastly more embarrassed to hear people abuse Taribo West, Ian Wright and others than read this sign.

It's the weird hyperbole that is fueling the hysteria. It's been worse - much, much worse.
It's still there @orly although not as large or obvious, but you only need to look at some of the comments aimed at Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.