New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done the lads who put that banner outside his house.

Whoever is quick to condemn them are hypocrites, you will never curry favour with the kopites, no matter what you concede, no matter what you pretend is 'crossing a line'.

Have some respect and back your own, there are plenty of lads in Walton who love everton, there are lads who love this club and would go to prison for it.

I bet any money if the boys who did that banner had any input in the club, Iwobi wouldn't be here and we wouldn't of gone nearly 30 years without a cup.

The anger should be put against the board. If you want to pretend you are a superfan by arguing with other blues, that toxic mix could take us down eventually.

Well said mate...

Genuine question - were you around pre-90s? We had a dreadful reputation for pockets of racism in the fanbase. I was vastly more embarrassed to hear people abuse Taribo West, Ian Wright and others than read this sign.

Yes, caught the end of the 80s and the last championship as a kid, but didn't really start match going until mid 90s, in my early teens.

Maybe I was too young to pick up on the racism or just naive to notice - tbf racism was rife at most clubs and other were far worse than us.

I don't recall feeling embarrassed then, and I absolutley should have been, but I was a stupid young man going the match with his mates.

I'm a father if two young kids now, I've grown up a lot, and this threat is absolutley disgusting and embarrassing to me.

No matter that you're views, you must agree that to threaten him at his home is pathetic and just plain wrong - we don't need to lower ourselves to this level.

I thought we were better than that.

I personally think they are all valid football concerns but the one you bolded is by far the biggest.

How can anyone say appointing a manager from the league in China is a risk free appointment?

I don't think a single person has said that ever tbh

I can't get on board with the hysteria to be honest.

As I've said - end of the day it's football and he's a football manager.

He wouldn't be the appointment I'd make and to be honest I think it's practically destined he'll fail, but we need to just get on with it.

Well apparently loads on here now want him here because of a banner. So if they want him here whilst also thinking he'll be a bad appointment then they clearly just hate Everton.
"Loads" don't "want him here because of a banner."

"Loads" just think the banner is absolutely reprehensible.

I don't want him as our manager - I do however think that:

1) the person who did that should be locked up
2) anyone defending it, hedging their comments about it, supporting it or obfuscating by saying "maybe it was kopites" have some serious issues.

Well done the lads who put that banner outside his house.

Whoever is quick to condemn them are hypocrites, you will never curry favour with the kopites, no matter what you concede, no matter what you pretend is 'crossing a line'.

Have some respect and back your own, there are plenty of lads in Walton who love everton, there are lads who love this club and would go to prison for it.

I bet any money if the boys who did that banner had any input in the club, Iwobi wouldn't be here and we wouldn't of gone nearly 30 years without a cup.

The anger should be put against the board. If you want to pretend you are a superfan by arguing with other blues, that toxic mix could take us down eventually.
I hope your kids never have to see a banner like that outside your house.

I dont condone but i still dont get the consternation of why this wouldnt be something they would do, yes we have some fans of that ilk and yes its totally unacceptable but why is it not even an option for you?
If I hear galloping hooves behind me, I'll assume it's a horse until someone proves to me that it's a dog in disguise.

Status
Not open for further replies.