New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the only valid criticism of the appointment right there in bold. As in valid in football terms.

And I'd agree, but I'd counter with one thing - for him to take this job, in the face of all this, knowing the local rivalry, knowing what it means... he's either incredibly stupid, incredibly brave or incredibly confident, or a mad mix of all three.

If he takes the job, bombs it and is out in six months, so be it. But to be this angry before he gets the job and a ball is kicked? It's bonkers.

I personally think they are all valid football concerns but the one you bolded is by far the biggest.

How can anyone say appointing a manager from the league in China is a risk free appointment?

Well done the lads who put that banner outside his house.

Whoever is quick to condemn them are hypocrites, you will never curry favour with the kopites, no matter what you concede, no matter what you pretend is 'crossing a line'.

Have some respect and back your own, there are plenty of lads in Walton who love everton, there are lads who love this club and would go to prison for it.

I bet any money if the boys who did that banner had any input in the club, Iwobi wouldn't be here and we wouldn't of gone nearly 30 years without a cup.

The anger should be put against the board. If you want to pretend you are a superfan by arguing with other blues, that toxic mix could take us down eventually.

Cud someone repost the fsw s extensive list of failed signings for the rs. I ve searched but cant find the bugger. It was on the weekend some time. Cheers

The stuff at the ground was in poor taste and uncalled for, but whoever put the threats up at the man's family home should be ashamed of themselves and knock it off immediately. It's gone too far now, I hope the police catch them
This

Dont want him anywhere near the club but can't condone any of the shenanigans that have occurred over the weekend

Embarrassing for the club and each and every one of us as fans

These signs are perfectly valid and legitimate forms of protest.
FB_IMG_1624876063119.jpg

FB_IMG_1624876066631.jpg

The one threatening him and his family is absolutely kin' disgraceful and the person responsible for it needs to face serious repercussions for it. However, as scummy as it may be it doesn't invalidate the other banners and the perfectly reasonable messages they displayed.

An interesting take on it. I've definitely got to a point where I'm losing interest in football and Everton. I used to watch every game without fail and it would dictate my mood for the rest of the weekend, but now if they lose i just think meh.

The main reason is because of the attitudes of players these days and I just can't relate with it. Having grown up watching teams with real desire and passion its an absolute disgrace to me to see players hugging and laughing with opponents after a disappointing loss.

Regarding Rafael, I can see why you would be annoyed with the appointment but for me I do believe he will get more out of his team than Carlo did and I think he will actually start getting the project on track, but thats only if he's allowed to by the fans, which is why I think we all just need to get behind the appointment for the sake of the club.

Yeah agreed with the attitudes. I just find the game an absolute churn these days. There are moments that make it all worth it but its few and far between.

It's not even a lack of success, I enjoyed the 90s because I at least felt that the players were trying their best and there was some emotion to it.

I am not annoyed by Benitez per se, just the board. The sentiment about getting behind the manager is a correct one but we also need to live in the real world were not everyone is going to do that. Why would we put ourselves in that position? I think exactly the same about a Moyes or Martinez return. Any new manager needs the best chance they can be given to succeed. Benitez would not get that.

Well done the lads who put that banner outside his house.

Whoever is quick to condemn them are hypocrites, you will never curry favour with the kopites, no matter what you concede, no matter what you pretend is 'crossing a line'.

Have some respect and back your own, there are plenty of lads in Walton who love everton, there are lads who love this club and would go to prison for it.

I bet any money if the boys who did that banner had any input in the club, Iwobi wouldn't be here and we wouldn't of gone nearly 30 years without a cup.

The anger should be put against the board. If you want to pretend you are a superfan by arguing with other blues, that toxic mix could take us down eventually.

Plenty of lads in Walton.
Haha.

This is where the bed sheet was put -

At the entrance to the drive of a house which isn't Benitez's, so maybe it's a message to the owner of the house it is outside of.

After seeing that banner outside his house I want him to be appointed now

Listen to yereselves for God's sake, ye want to appoint the Kopite rat because ye object to a banner, that everyone in their right mind objects too? It's not one or the other, but supporring appointing him because ye are upset about a banner is possibly the most "Everton that" thing I have ever seen

These signs are perfectly valid and legitimate forms of protest.
View attachment 131781
View attachment 131782
The one threatening him and his family is absolutely kin' disgraceful and the person responsible for it needs to face serious repercussions for it. However, as scummy as it may be it doesn't invalidate the other banners and the perfectly reasonable messages they displayed.

First one is fine; totally don't understand the second one.

How is Benitez "money over morals"?

Status
Not open for further replies.