New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are

Are you going to apply this same logic to Liverpool when one of their dickheads does something equally stupid? We need to own it.

As someone else alluded to, great swathes of the fan base including quite a few on here have fostered a hatred for the man which has shifted the boundaries of what some people think is acceptable behaviour.

Yes I will and do. (I have joked before about kopites being the worst people on earth but realistically there will be good and bad ones).

People are people. Their club allegiances do not make them better or worse people. There are knobheads who just happen to be Everton fans just like any other team.

Do you not think the club haven’t tried to get a better manager in? Do we believe what the media say about their only being 8 options? Albeit those 8 options were on the available now list?

We don’t know the club has reached out to other names via agents and been met with decline.

We’ve got two multi billionaires bankrolling the club, we’ve just had Carlo Ancelotti as manager and fortunately we only got him because he was available and we didn’t have to fork out any compensation for him. I’m sure their initial targets would have been to aim high again.

Truth is the club at the moment and the current squad is in a bad state, we fluctuate from manager to manager every 18 months. Unless a manager is guaranteed a massive warchest every summer on the Man City scales and we can guarantee Champions League competitiveness every season then what top manager is going to drop their current successes for this mad house?

I've looked at numerous leagues, looking for managers of a decent level who are remotely realistic targets.

I've came up with Conte, Conceicao, Galtier, Mancini.

Apart from those four, Benitez is right up there as a candidate, and to be honest he's arguably ahead of Conceicao.

People really don't understand the position we're in here. There's no replica of Ancelotti who's going to join us. It's not about ambition, it's about reality. So we have a choice - a punt on a nobody, or a 'name' to see if they can handle the job.

They've went for the latter. I can't blame them, really can't. If people can hand on heart tell me two things, go for it - first, what has Benitez done to deserve mortal hatred of him apart from manage Liverpool successfully, and two, who should get the job on merit instead?

If you can answer those, criticism of the Benitez appointment is fine. If you can't and you're crying because Benitez managed Liverpool and called us a small club, I can't take you seriously.

Woodgate is available - Whoo Whoo. Anyone bar FSW? Nah, lets get on with it. New and better players coming in and a clear out of the shoity ones and away we go, onwards and hopefully upwards. I can feel a wave of optimism sweeping over me. Maybe it was a good night's sleep what did it.

Be interesting to see what happens at the end of his career, assuming he will / has signed, there's every chance he could look back and consider himself more of a blue than a red.

Erm - a death threat issued to him and his family gets him solidarity with any rational human being.

I will respect this man for coming here under this cloud and trying to do a job for us.

100% backing from me now.
He will get my support as every Everton manager does.
I didn't think Marco Silva was a good appointment but as soon as he was confirmed as Everton manager he got my support.
Benitez is the same, not my choice as manager and a brave but emotive decision by the owners which can only go one of two ways, a big success or a massive failure.

Supporters not being happy with the appointment is perfectly understandable but boundaries are being crossed here which will sicken decent Everton supporters.

This man lives in Liverpool with his family. From what I gather he has done a lot of work in the community outside of football but others may know more about that.

He is prepared to take the Everton job even though it will tarnish his reputation with Liverpool FC..... and then he has to deal with this nonsense.

I didn't want him as manager but now I would be disgusted if this kind of behaviour forced him to rethink taking the job.

If this bully boy tactics work then where does it stop ?

You need to get your [Poor language removed] out of Benitez for 20 seconds and deal with the fact that some don’t want him here.
Who the F are you to question that to the point of vitriol?

Sound, tell me what he did then?

I'm not saying you can't be angry, but wtf did he do?

If his only crime was to manage Liverpool successfully and call us a small club when we were acting in every sense like a small club, just say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.