New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
as if there's a non-insignificant number of people in here hypothesising that maybe it was kopites that did it, or that it was a "false flag" or that there's really nothing wrong with doing it in the first place.

Jesus Christ we've fallen a long way

I've lived to see the day Evertonians, with no sense of irony, resort to "It was Chelsea" comments.

Of course it was Evertonians. All you had to do is live through the Nick Barmby saga to understand this.

Of course you can question the board. The fact we're in this position is down to their complete incompetence. They've spaffed millions up the wall, repeatedly.

But can I blame them for looking at the selection of managers available and simply choosing who they rationally believe is best for the job? No. That's what they should be doing. If they'd have hired Ferguson or Howe because "they're a bloo", that would be incompetence.

I struggle to see how a manager who last managed in China and had a relegation in their last PL job, is the best person for the job.

The club needed to roll the dice by appointing the person they feel is the next top manager. The only way we get an elite manager is by finding the next elite manager before they establish themselves at the top. By appointing Benitez, they haven't even bothered to find that person.

We needed a complete overhaul of the squad and to draw a line under the last 7 or 8 years with a total reset. Instead we have a manager who will help us continue to plod along playing slow pedestrian football with the same players. This appointment takes the spotlight off the players who have failed for years! They are the ones who deserved to be in the spotlight this summer for their woeful efforts from January - May last season.

There's a lot of people saying we must support the board and support this appointment because we're all blues etc. Yeah I can support the team when they step onto the pitch because I like winning and natural instinct takes over during 90 minutes. But there's a level of happy clapping to all this that isn't good for the club. Once we allow the club to be overtaken by unwavering support for mediocrity and sustained midtable irrelevance, then there is no way back and the only way the club will go is further in the wrong direction with even further decline.

as if there's a non-insignificant number of people in here hypothesising that maybe it was kopites that did it, or that it was a "false flag" or that there's really nothing wrong with doing it in the first place.

That is unless it was done by the reds to divide and look where we are at?

worked a treat for them if so!

I don’t see what’s so wrong in wanting to find out who it is . There are already people making blanket statements about the fan base in a disparaging manner.

Appointing Benitez is not going to rip the club apart is it? Oh wait.

This is only going to end badly. Personally I no longer give a flying one. I am 68 year of age, I have been a blue all my life, but, the total disregard that Moshiri and friends have shown to us over this matter has killed something inside of me. It is not just Benitez, although I loathe the idea of him.managing us, it is the total contempt for us, shown by the board .

I can't even be arsed with who we might sign in the window. Congratations Mr. Moshiri, you have turned my love for Everton into a big lump of numbness.

ok so now it’s Howe or potter or that Nuno fella . Quick question are we limited to only former premier league managers ? Is there a law or something .

If it was 10 years ago I’d be less bothered and the same if it was Rodgers or even klopp . Like I said the other day it’s one thing appointing a kopite it’s another appointing one whose last job was semi-retirement in China .

Look I’m a blue I want success , I hope it works but I can’t help but think looking around the days of managers of Benitez’s era seems to over and the fresh new coaches are where it’s at . So we split the fanbase , appoint a RS and the plus side seems limited at best .

I haven't a problem with people moaning IF he comes in and does a crap job - sound hound the bloke out.

But to do it BEFORE we have even kicked a football and the season hasnt even started is ludicrous imo.

I called it days ago had we appointed Eddie Howe half of these moaners wouldn't be moaning - not because he's crap but because "he aint a kopite doh" its petty tribalism which is even funnier when the same blokes worship the likes of Baines who is a Red.

This attitude is wrong IMO and it only leads to more of this stuff because the fan base in general wipes their hands and goes "Well, I didn't do it so I don't see why I should be bothered"

That's how you end up with the reputations that clubs like Millwall and Rangers have

You stamp it out and you stamp it out now, and you do so by taking collective responsibility and going after anyone who shows this sort of behaviour going forward as a collective force

This sort of thing is the start of a perilously slippery slope that we need to avoid going down
It's not a case of not being bothered about it, of course we are bothered.

We can stamp on it though by saying its one person and we do not condone what that person did.

That's all it needs. It doesn't need a load of forelock tugging. I do get what you are saying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.