New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ignore his last few seasons then sure he did alright, he's a nice guy but not great a manager he has arguably the easiest job in the world with that Belgium team and he can't win anything with them, so I wonder if Belgium fans think he's doing alright or performing below average
He is doing great for Belgium. Almost won the World Cup and has won pretty much every qualifier with lots of goals and attacking football.

Interesting to note the movement in Mark Hughes' odds in the last day or so.

68-evertonin5mhunt-gt.jpg
Ffs Lord give me strength.

Players like Ferguson, Baines, Unsworth....Cahill and Carsley (I'd quite happily have on the staff) - I don't see it as jobs for the boys, these are just players who fought for the club and the fans and hopefully keep that spirit whatever is happening (e.g. we are in the relegation zone ... again). It's their home.

People like Ancelotti and Lukaku get paid and leave.

Well hopefully unlikely.
I said yesterday, if he felt he still had a good chance of the Everton job, why did he go back to palace, with the intention of taking it.

Palace is not a great job IMO. Loosing a number of players on Free’s you wouldn’t think they wouldn’t have fortunes to spend. Best player wants out. 2nd best has a bad injury and likely to miss at least half of next season .
He's out of work he discussed a job it didn't happen. You could look at it the other way why didn't he just take the job? You could say Palace didn't want to pay for his entourage(as leaked to the press one presumes by Palace) or that his head was turned because he still thinks he could get the Everton job?

I'd love Garcia, but I honestly just want a manager who plays quick, aggressive football.

We've been alternating between possession fetishists (Martinez, Koeman, Silva) and bunker architects (Moyes, Big Sam, Carlo) and we haven't won a thing.

Can we please finally hire a high tempo, aggressive manager? It is where the game is headed and its 1000% more entertaining than the garbage we've put out for the last decade.
Under pretty much all of those managers we've looked like a good side when we've played aggressively as well, the players know it, the managers must see it. So I guess we need someone who can consistently bed that in and build strategy to back it up and have a plan in place for when its not working in a game or passage of play.

He is doing great for Belgium. Almost won the World Cup and has won pretty much every qualifier with lots of goals and attacking football.
Almost ? May as well say Southgate almost won it too if reaching semi finals is "almost" (it's not)

As for qualifying you would expect them to win all their qualifiers with the players available

Players like Ferguson, Baines, Unsworth....Cahill and Carsley (I'd quite happily have on the staff) - I don't see it as jobs for the boys, these are just players who fought for the club and the fans and hopefully keep that spirit whatever is happening (e.g. we are in the relegation zone ... again). It's their home.

People like Ancelotti and Lukaku get paid and leave.

TBF there is an argument to be made that excellence should trump loyalty in those appointments. I’ve no idea whether they are at good at the job, but we really should be asking are they the best candidates for it - I doubt they all are.

The Athletic released our short list so no need to waste energy on talking about the other crap doing its rounds. Obviously Moyes is off that list too but its safe to stay with what the Athletic says.

Status
Not open for further replies.