New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just lost on this, now we are mentioning some guy from Galatasary.
The really worrying thing about this one - it was reported he was a suggestion from Moshiri’s wife, Moshiri then asked Brands to “interview” him! If this has any semblance of truth about it we are up the proverbial creek without a paddle!
Seriously hoping it’s a joke, a wind up, or the whole thing has been lost in translation from Turkish!

The really worrying thing about this one - it was reported he was a suggestion from Moshiri’s wife, Moshiri then asked Brands to “interview” him! If this has any semblance of truth about it we are up the proverbial creek without a paddle!
Seriously hoping it’s a joke, a wind up, or the whole thing has been lost in translation from Turkish!

He hasnt got a wife.

oh you believe that ffs

The whole Martinez thing;

I dont think many have any ill feeling towards him. Of all the managers during my time as a blue he's been by far the most likeable, seemed to get the club and for a season or so looked like it would click for everybody, I wouldn't begrudge him any success whereever he manages either... I do think people remember his tenure as some sort of disastrous run, we were no worse off than we were this season, however as a couple of pointed out there were a couple of horrendous results. It had got sour, he had 3 years and we hadn't really prograssed despite an excellent first season. We needed change.

What makes Martinez look more appealing is that our managers since have been dreadful apart from CA, and even then he did no better than Martinez anyway. So you sort of go 'Well actually Martinez did alright?' which he did, he did alright. It's never been fact but it's been sort of unofficially known that set pieces weren't a big thing in training, which is bizarre. I liked what he was trying to do, that first season it clicked and for some reason the personell for it just didnt work the following seasons. He just seemed too stubborn to change things and I dont know if certain personell weren't right for what he was trying to do. Jagielka, Howard, Coleman to a degree, McCarthy not massively strong on the ball.

Goes down as a bit of a 'meh' period in our history really. if in the ODD circumstance he does come back - I would be a bit disappointed (but I think after CA we are all going to be disappointed anyway) but i'd give him another chance, unlike Moyes, Koeman, Ancelotti, Silva.
Do you think his philosophy changes at all when it comes to set pieces given the current players? That's to say if he were to come back as the Everton manager. Like you said, maybe he didn't have the certain personnel during his first stint.

When was the last time Rudi Garcia really succeeded as a manager? Lille?

Failed to make proper use of several big talents at Lyon too and fell out with the DoF

Here's a summary of Christophe Galtier's record as a manager so far:

- He won the French League Cup in 2013 with un-fancied Saint Etienne.

- He's won the Manager of the Year award in Ligue One (France's Premier League) THREE times

- He took Lille from 18th place in Ligue One in 2018 to runners up in Ligue One in 2019!

- He's just won Ligue One, finishing ahead of the superstars of PSG

- He is renowned for developing young talent and giving youth a chance

- He's just told the Press that he wants a new challenge

Would he come to a mid-table side like ours? I’m not sure, but surely it’s worth a try.

Do you think his philosophy changes at all when it comes to set pieces given the current players? That's to say if he were to come back as the Everton manager. Like you said, maybe he didn't have the certain personnel during his first stint.

by most accounts asy he literally had no philosphy on set pieces. I was moer on about wanting to keep the ball and the likes of Jags were not strong for it.

I doubt he'll be coming back anyway like...

Status
Not open for further replies.