New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is doing great for Belgium. Almost won the World Cup and has won pretty much every qualifier with lots of goals and attacking football.
I'm not sure i'd be happy or sad if he came back... I genuinely couldn't tell you because i thought the man was charming as hell and properly got us and the club but i was begging for him to be sacked after that United game and that connection from the first season felt completely lost. I'd certainly be curious to see how it would work out if he returned... maybe even a little excited but my biggest concern with Bobby Brown Shoes is I'm not sure I've seen enough from him since leaving to know he's learned from his past mistakes. Belgium are an incredible side who probably should have won something by now, especially given the platinum generation of talent at their disposal and credit where it's due some of the footie on show from them is incredible but you'd be hard pushed to find many PremierLeague level managers that wouldn't get the same, if not more out of that group. Also, Int football is a different beast to club football. It's like being the cool uncle. You get to have fun, goof around and all that and then send them home with little, to no concern how your niece and nephew behave in their own house or how they're brought up. (in my head that analogy makes perfect sense)
I liked (and still like) Martinez and looking back now I sort of feel he was unfortunate to not be given the chance to spend some of Moshiri's million and build a team fit to play his brand of football, but ultimately his arrogance and stubbornness to identify his own failings those last two seasons and correct them were his undoing. If that hasn't changed i can't see how he succeeds anywhere.

But he's not available.

Choose one we can get.
Unavailable per who, a very poor source coming from France? The Athletic put out an article later yesterday that had Moyes, Rafael, Potter, Rangnick, Galtier, and Martinez stating that Martinez was on the outside of that short list. An article even later that day said Moyes is set to sign a new 3 year deal soon and that he's effectively out of the short list too.

Here's a summary of Christophe Galtier's record as a manager so far:

- He won the French League Cup in 2013 with un-fancied Saint Etienne.

- He's won the Manager of the Year award in Ligue One (France's Premier League) THREE times

- He took Lille from 18th place in Ligue One in 2018 to runners up in Ligue One in 2019!

- He's just won Ligue One, finishing ahead of the superstars of PSG

- He is renowned for developing young talent and giving youth a chance

- He's just told the Press that he wants a new challenge

Would he come to a mid-table side like ours? I’m not sure, but surely it’s worth a try.

Definitely, he's the one for me, ( saying that he's the third one for me now :) ) at least until he jobs us off anyway. Young, adventurous, winner and seems highly motivated. But I'm sure we'll soon knock that out of him.

I'm not sure i'd be happy or sad if he came back... I genuinely couldn't tell you because i thought the man was charming as hell and properly got us and the club but i was begging for him to be sacked after that United game and that connection from the first season felt completely lost. I'd certainly be curious to see how it would work out if he returned... maybe even a little excited but my biggest concern with Bobby Brown Shoes is I'm not sure I've seen enough from him since leaving to know he's learned from his past mistakes. Belgium are an incredible side who probably should have won something by now, especially given the platinum generation of talent at their disposal and credit where it's due some of the footie on show from them is incredible but you'd be hard pushed to find many PremierLeague level managers that wouldn't get the same, if not more out of that group. Also, Int football is a different beast to club football. It's like being the cool uncle. You get to have fun, goof around and all that and then send them home with little, to no concern how your niece and nephew behave in their own house or how they're brought up. (in my head that analogy makes perfect sense)
I liked (and still like) Martinez and looking back now I sort of feel he was unfortunate to not be given the chance to spend some of Moshiri's million and build a team fit to play his brand of football, but ultimately his arrogance and stubbornness to identify his own failings those last two seasons and correct them were his undoing. If that hasn't changed i can't see how he succeeds anywhere.

He's been managing Belgium for 5 years now.

In those 5 years many clubs around the world have hired and fired managers.

He's still managing Belgium.

That tells you how good Martinez really is.

He is doing great for Belgium. Almost won the World Cup and has won pretty much every qualifier with lots of goals and attacking football.

Imagine not winning every qualifier and scoring a lot of goals with the players he has at his disposal. Unless he wins a tournament with them, then he has not done “great” by any stretch of the imagination.

- He's won the Manager of the Year award in Ligue One (France's Premier League) THREE times

- He took Lille from 18th place in Ligue One in 2018 to runners up in Ligue One in 2019!

Would he come to a mid-table side like ours? I’m not sure, but surely it’s worth a try.
Hes the only one worth going all out for that there's a slight possibility he may.

He was willing to take over an 18th place side in the French league. We might be exactly the kind of challenge he'd be up for

I like Bobby brown shoes. I just wouldn’t trust him in the transfer window. The overall quality of players he signed was poor we did have a couple of great buys like big Rom an Barry. If he did come hopefully it would work better with Brands doing the signings to suite his system.

That said I don’t want him back if I had my choice I would Conte but I don’t think we have the founds to give him. We would be searching for a new manger again in the not to distant future.

That's what I read in one of the papers, it pays up the shortfall that was left on his contract with EFC when he done a runner.
£11m would have covered 1 year if his contract, not the shortfall. And most sources are saying there was minimal compensation due to break clauses in his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.