New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody can take a manager seriously who buys (and plays) Alcraraz and bought Funes Mori when VVD was available. The fella was an utter joke towards the end. Who can forget maulings vs fat sam's Sunderland to keep them up and Leicester strolling through us after they'd already won the league and been on the ale all week.
Ha Ha I remember that Leicester game I was in a bar in Paris watching and the french barman said Leicester will win, I thought mmmm they’d been on the ale all week and had already won the league so I bet the barman 50 euros on efc , easy money I thought . I paid up at half time

So you sort of go 'Well actually Martinez did alright?' which he did, he did alright.
If you ignore his last few seasons then sure he did alright, he's a nice guy but not great a manager he has arguably the easiest job in the world with that Belgium team and he can't win anything with them, so I wonder if Belgium fans think he's doing alright or performing below average

sums most Everton fans up i'm afraid. Worship a striker who had 1 in 4 record because he elbowed and gripped a few people and had a tatoo.. when in reality he was a bang average striker.

Much the same with coaches too. Potter? MArtinez?

nah... they like to pass to much
If you don't understand why Duncan Ferguson is an Everton legend then you don't understand Everton. Sorry to say.

No news still. I think out of all mentioned I've chosen galtier, seems a stable kind of manager that gets the best out of what he has at his disposal and we really need that. I read we don't want to pay Lille £4m but don't know if true and why when he left, football is crackers.

Certainly do not want fat Terry
I really don't think that would stop us. We paid £10m for a manager who was out of a job ffs. We paid £10m for that Dutch weapon from Southampton too I think.

The whole Martinez thing;

I dont think many have any ill feeling towards him. Of all the managers during my time as a blue he's been by far the most likeable, seemed to get the club and for a season or so looked like it would click for everybody, I wouldn't begrudge him any success whereever he manages either... I do think people remember his tenure as some sort of disastrous run, we were no worse off than we were this season, however as a couple of pointed out there were a couple of horrendous results. It had got sour, he had 3 years and we hadn't really prograssed despite an excellent first season. We needed change.

What makes Martinez look more appealing is that our managers since have been dreadful apart from CA, and even then he did no better than Martinez anyway. So you sort of go 'Well actually Martinez did alright?' which he did, he did alright. It's never been fact but it's been sort of unofficially known that set pieces weren't a big thing in training, which is bizarre. I liked what he was trying to do, that first season it clicked and for some reason the personell for it just didnt work the following seasons. He just seemed too stubborn to change things and I dont know if certain personell weren't right for what he was trying to do. Jagielka, Howard, Coleman to a degree, McCarthy not massively strong on the ball.

Goes down as a bit of a 'meh' period in our history really. if in the ODD circumstance he does come back - I would be a bit disappointed (but I think after CA we are all going to be disappointed anyway) but i'd give him another chance, unlike Moyes, Koeman, Ancelotti, Silva.

A lot of sense here, and it’s that stubbornness which would be my greatest objection to him. There’s no evidence he’d learn from what happened the first time.

A lot of sense here, and it’s that stubbornness which would be my greatest objection to him. There’s no evidence he’d learn from what happened the first time.

Experience brings more lessons and wisdom.

But yeah I just don't know if he'd be mroe adaptable.

Which one is the odd one out?
Dixie Dean.
Alex Young
Alan Ball
Howard Kendall
Duncan Ferguson
I don't see any odd one out. Ferguson was a bastion of hope, fight, strength and defiance in a rather dismal era, hence the profound esteem in which he's held by the vast majority of Evertonians.

Keep getting edgy though if it makes you stand out on a forum...

Echo think it will be El Beardo and these other dudes we are talking to are a safety net if Nuno takes the hump Over something we say no to and balk.

Status
Not open for further replies.