New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Martinez thing;

I dont think many have any ill feeling towards him. Of all the managers during my time as a blue he's been by far the most likeable, seemed to get the club and for a season or so looked like it would click for everybody, I wouldn't begrudge him any success whereever he manages either... I do think people remember his tenure as some sort of disastrous run, we were no worse off than we were this season, however as a couple of pointed out there were a couple of horrendous results. It had got sour, he had 3 years and we hadn't really prograssed despite an excellent first season. We needed change.

What makes Martinez look more appealing is that our managers since have been dreadful apart from CA, and even then he did no better than Martinez anyway. So you sort of go 'Well actually Martinez did alright?' which he did, he did alright. It's never been fact but it's been sort of unofficially known that set pieces weren't a big thing in training, which is bizarre. I liked what he was trying to do, that first season it clicked and for some reason the personell for it just didnt work the following seasons. He just seemed too stubborn to change things and I dont know if certain personell weren't right for what he was trying to do. Jagielka, Howard, Coleman to a degree, McCarthy not massively strong on the ball.

Goes down as a bit of a 'meh' period in our history really. if in the ODD circumstance he does come back - I would be a bit disappointed (but I think after CA we are all going to be disappointed anyway) but i'd give him another chance, unlike Moyes, Koeman, Ancelotti, Silva.

Maybe we can ask if we can loan the manager instead of buying him...

sums most Everton fans up i'm afraid. Worship a striker who had 1 in 4 record because he elbowed and gripped a few people and had a tatoo.. when in reality he was a bang average striker.

Much the same with coaches too. Potter? MArtinez?

nah... they like to pass to much
Spot on.. try keep my voice down on the topic but only time Ferguson and legend should be used in the same sentence is if it also includes the word “not”.

I love this thread.

The return of moyes
The return of Martinez
gerrard suggested
A female manager suggested
Managers so old suggested that watching sig and Gomes jump out of tackles as they’re too scared would result in so much rage they’d drop dead on the side of the pitch.
The usual bet wetters urinating all over themselves as we’ve not got a new manager in after a whole two weeks of losing the last one.
Just awaiting the rage when managers linked join other clubs and people have a meltdown that they joined “lesser” clubs or we’ve took to long and missed out despite no links we wanted them other than some tool on Twitter with 7 followers said so.

Garcia has been a bit of a journeyman. I'd think that appointment would only come about if we are struggling and having to move down our list. It wouldnt be a disaster but wouldn't fill me with much enthusiasm either.
He should be top of the list

He is no journeyman

Last edited:

The whole Terim links are laughable. Although his 2008 Turkey side at the Euros were one of my favourite ever football teams to watch.

Got to the semi's having only been in the lead for a combined 8 minutes or something.

I love this thread.

The return of moyes
The return of Martinez
gerrard suggested
A female manager suggested
Managers so old suggested that watching sig and Gomes jump out of tackles as they’re too scared would result in so much rage they’d drop dead on the side of the pitch.
The usual bet wetters urinating all over themselves as we’ve not got a new manager in after a whole two weeks of losing the last one.
Just awaiting the rage when managers linked join other clubs and people have a meltdown that they joined “lesser” clubs or we’ve took to long and missed out despite no links we wanted them other than some tool on Twitter with 7 followers said so.
Its amazing, people love it, its because there is on real football until tonight so it gives them something to excersize thier fingers over

Yes we know. You keep posting this about 20 times a day. He turned palace down 3/4 days ago. Again what are Everton waiting for? Because apparently he turned palace down for Everton.

Personally I can’t see it. Everton have had plenty of time to appoint him
Maybe they are assessing/interiewing other candidates before making a decision? Still could be him

I'd love Garcia, but I honestly just want a manager who plays quick, aggressive football.

We've been alternating between possession fetishists (Martinez, Koeman, Silva) and bunker architects (Moyes, Big Sam, Carlo) and we haven't won a thing.

Can we please finally hire a high tempo, aggressive manager? It is where the game is headed and its 1000% more entertaining than the garbage we've put out for the last decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.