Duncan Ferguson Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d try the Scottish Football thread in the World Football Forum mate https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/scottish-football.84679/page-626#post-8589450 The Dons sometimes get a mention in between the Old Firm bickering lol . Ferguson’s Rangers association would of course be a factor for some Don’s fans.
Personally , I think Stephen Glass is a good option , probably quite cheap too.
The TAFFS are very partisan at games and Swansea & Cardiff fans have been known to have the odd dust-up at Wales games.
The jocks I think are more forgiving and Graeme Souness/Walter Smith and Alex McLeish, were loved even by the Celtic fans despite their Rangers and Dons affiliations, and vice versa Gordon Strachan with hs Celtic connection.... which is how it should be.
I think Big Dunc would be welcomed with open arms at Aberdeen, despite his Rangers past.

What happens if we appoint a manager who tells Dunc he is no longer needed, how would people feel about that.

Love Dunc but lets be honest, It is one thing to be temp caretaker for 3 games and get everyone fired up and get some good results knowing someone else will be taking over but it is completely different to actually take full responsibility for an entire season and everything is down to you and you have never managed a team before. If we have any love and respect for Duncan we should not put this on him. It could send himself and us under and be disastrous. He needs to go and manage some lower league teams first and get invaluable experience and then when he eventually takes the reigns he will have a much better chance of succeeding.

Dunc bleeds blue and I can see the fans getting behind him. The worry is that with all the passion and desire in the world can he apply the tactical x factor. Shows a lot about his character to refuse RM even though I get the impression he was happy working with Carlo if it is true.
He does bleed blue, we're did the X factor in tactics get us with the last one. Out the door quicker than a bunji cord,,, why? Because he didn't care.

To be an exceptional everton manager you need to care about the club, he does in spades. He knows what the fans want, the same as himself. Only my humble opinion.
And your opinion is correct mate. I'm not saying that I necessarily want him given the job , but some of the vitriolic bile ,and nonsense churned out on here , by some lads , is frankly an embarrassment. Shame that they don't seem to see it themselves

Love Dunc but lets be honest, It is one thing to be temp caretaker for 3 games and get everyone fired up and get some good results knowing someone else will be taking over but it is completely different to actually take full responsibility for an entire season and everything is down to you and you have never managed a team before. If we have any love and respect for Duncan we should not put this on him. It could send himself and us under and be disastrous. He needs to go and manage some lower league teams first and get invaluable experience and then when he eventually takes the reigns he will have a much better chance of succeeding.
Why don't we give him a chance too prove himself.

Whilst I’d love big Dunc to bring back the good times to GP. I fear we would be fighting relegation instead.

I think it would be a kindness to big Dunc if someone came in and replaced him. He would have to find another job and there are plenty of lower league or Scottish teams out there who would have him. Problem is, like Unsy he is too comfortable at Everton and not challenged so as things stand why would he take another job?

One thing regarding both Dunc and Unsy, they declared their intentions at some point to manage the club right ? (Unsy got some petty crap off Joey Barton)

Why are they still in these roles? Unsy with the under 23s and Dunc a coach in the first team set up.

If you want to manage a top flight club surely they could of worked up to that? Here in the UK or in Europe?

If that story about Carlo wanting to take him to Madrid is true (its a big IF I know) then that puts to bed any idea that he's a useless cone laying galoot as some claimed. I kinda wish he had taken it, he could have got boss experience at the biggest club in the world and then come back and maybe managed us in the future but I guess if he took the job then he might be on Moshiris hit list, plus I get the impression he's only interested in working in football if its with Everton.

Article is probably nonsense though given the source

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.