2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal arent a rubbish side. They have much , much , much more quality then us.

It's a poor Arsenal side compared to previous ones though, with a novice manager.

The thing abour Arsenals squad puzzles me....

Tierney
Gabriel
Martinelli
Saka
Smith-Rowe

Thats 5 players off the top of my head who are good players.

Then they have had lots of depth e.g Lacazette/Aubameyang...Cebellos and Odegaard etc etc

Those 5 young energetic players above compare with our 3 in Richarlison, DCL and Godfrey.

We need to spend big money.

IF he said that then that is absolute BS and he knows it. We didn't bring in James fn Rodriguez, Allan and Doucoure to raise our position in the table to the rarified air of 10th. And if he really thinks that we should be good with 10th we don't need to be paying someone 10m a season to do that.
He said it.

Players can’t be arsed to beat Sheff Utd and Co. at home. This group which consist of players back to the days of Martinez. Our manager needs his own players.
I agree to a point. But there’s not many left from the Martinez era to blame. He brought 4 of his main targets to the club at considerable expense last summer. We’ve had 2 quarter finals in the cups and improved 3 places in the league. Others will decide if that is acceptable, after our start I’d say no.

If Our spineless number 10 Sigurdsson gets a new deal then that will tell us a lot and basically if it happens then we have no ambition don’t do it Carlo be ruthless these crabs have had enough chances they genuinely don’t care and will get you the sack ,Gang of shithouses

Agree with this.

Properly mediocre first full season in the end, but it was definitely a rebuild season and we were dogged by injuries, so you can understand it.

If he is backed again and fails to deliver a top 6 finish next season then I don't think there's anywhere to hide though.

But that's for then. For now, I'm happy with the fact our "away" form was much better and we ended some dreadful records. I am so glad 3 of the four sky 4 records are gone forever. I'm hopeful that could give us a bit more belief in ourselves going into those games in future.

It's over to Ancelotti and Brands now to justify their positions over the summer. I really hope they do because this is already excruciatingly boring to follow and the idea that we might have to ball this all up and start again is not pleasant.

Carlo is great at managing top players, his track record shows that.
He’s shown this season that sadly he’s average at managing average players.
Fortunately I believe he will be backed even more than last summer this summer so I’m looking forward to next season when he has some more players of his calibre.

When i read,

"Backed again" and "backed even more"

I dont think hes been backed last summer at all really.

We signed Allan, Doucoure, James and Godfrey for £65mil.

Thats the price a top 4 club pays for one player from a position of strength.

For us to 'back' him i think its £100mil + sales.

Thats probably £40mil for Kean, £7mil for Kenny/Bernard so already around £150mil.

Then Brands has to shift out his mistakes in Delph, Iwobi and Gomes along with Mina (who i like) and aim for more funds from selling others too.

If we provide £100mil + sales THEN he will have been backed.

We finished below Leeds and the worst Arsenal side in about 80 years. There’s no dressing it up, that is simply unacceptable. I hope we do what’s required in the summer and clear out most of this squad.
I agree, I'm asking for perspective.

When i read,

"Backed again" and "backed even more"

I dont think hes been backed last summer at all really.

We signed Allan, Doucoure, James and Godfrey for £65mil.

Thats the price a top 4 club pays for one player from a position of strength.

For us to 'back' him i think its £100mil + sales.

Thats probably £40mil for Kean, £7mil for Kenny/Bernard so already around £150mil.

Then Brands has to shift out his mistakes in Delph, Iwobi and Gomes along with Mina (who i like) and aim for more funds from selling others too.

If we provide £100mil + sales THEN he will have been backed.
Thank you.

I agree to a point. But there’s not many left from the Martinez era to blame. He brought 4 of his main targets to the club at considerable expense last summer. We’ve had 2 quarter finals in the cups and improved 3 places in the league. Others will decide if that is acceptable, after our start I’d say no.
The minor issue is beating crap teams at home. We are 6th points off West Ham then when we look back at the home points we conceded this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.