2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he is competing with ZERO achievements so it probably wont be that interesting to be honest...

If he is to be more successful than Moyes, he needs a top 4 finish, an FA Cup Final, and multiple European tournament qualifications. Can't see it tbh.

He still has my backing, but so far under the Ancelotti regime we have finished 12th (although last season was a farce) and despite a promising start to the season, we have finished the Don Carlos first full season in charge in 10th place. So not only is there no european football, we have also finished below Leeds and a rubbish Arsenal side. So make no mistake about it, a huge improvement is required next season. This season will sadly have to be considered a disappointment and failure.
Arsenal arent a rubbish side. They have much , much , much more quality then us.

They were 7th and in the champs league knockouts.

The chairman went nutty, wanted him to challenge for the title, wanted the players in for extra training, and fined them. Carlo disagreed and was fired.

So...when did he bomb?
7th with that squad. Sorry mate he was doing great.
He’s doing a top job at Everton too. So glad we managed to finish in the top half.

What do you mean back in the top 10. We finished 8th with Allardyce and 7th with Koeman and they were both absolutely donkeys. lol

Mediocre season at best imo comprising of a good away record, one of the worst home records in the history of the club and countless missed opportunities for finishing much higher mostly due to a mixture of baffling management decisions and a group of players that mostly couldn't give a toss about Everton and just want to be paid.

Club is currently stagnant with a Manager who is good at managing good teams but is trying to do the same with dross which is proving impossible. Hopefully clean out a load more dead wood this summer and bring in quality although i will belive that when i see it as some of these clingons have been clinging on for years.
So what is the solution? Hire a nobody manager and have a cinderella season finishing 6th only to fall back to mid table? Give me the manager who is good at managing good teams and let him try to bring in quality players.

That’s concerning if he’s said that, I was naively hoping mediocrity acceptance would start to fade. Probably comes from those above him too.
Needs to have us on the march with a distinctive style of play.

For me, I think he's an old manager looking for a last pay day and his heart isn;t in it.

As I said: Brancelotti has me fearing for the future.

We can't sack the manager, he's our only chance of getting any decent players in. If we were Chelsea, or Leicester, or even Brentford who have a clear structure, way of playing and recruitment team who know what they are looking for the manager wouldn't be so important. However we don't, so we need a big name, high profile manager.

I’ll be honest, I have no idea what to think re Carlo.

Start of the season performances and results, and the fact he’s got a tune out of Dom big time, improved Davies and has helped coach Godfrey through a very impressive first season and step up suggest he’s done well and needs more time and better players.

The repeated naïveté at home, trying the same stuff over and over against supposedly lesser teams with the same - inevitable to the rest of us - results, square pegs in round holes (namely Iwobi out wide, Gomes anywhere on the pitch, etc) and seeming unwillingness to give any young players a chance suggest he’s not our man. Towards the end of the season, the messing with formation and personnel was almost Koeman-like.

I think my official position at this moment in time is that he’s a class manager and I want him to stay because ultimately I believe the lack of squad quality and depth is what’s done for us. With that said he has to take his share of the blame for this season, especially as we ended up 3 wins from a CL place and a less stubborn manager could have found those in those home fixtures.

Where are

Where are the opposing team? They are allowed to prevent and harry.

We are playing Hibs...

And no that is not the reason. Every single time they do it, there is an easy ball with nobody between them and they hit it behind the advancing player and not in their stride.

It's incredibly basic stuff and they don't do it for some reason. Been that way for years too.

Status
Not open for further replies.