2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
8skTIk3.png

I don't wish to question the simplicity of tactics but I feel this simple image I have just knocked together would improve our play more than anything that has been done this season.

I mean it's not hard is it? Everyone in our squad could benefit from this image but I would have Sigurdsson look at it 24/7 Clockwork Orange style until he gets it.

DOES MY HEAD IN!

Take out WHO he is and ask yourself if you think the manager of Everton had done a good job this year.

We spent 60m to go up 2 places in the league. We brought in a player who dictates when he feels like playing no matter how magical he is when he does play. Our football is beyond atrocious. You can't look at anything on the pitch and think "oh, THATS what we're probably doing in training" because we can't pass, there's no off the ball movement, there's no attacking plan and we are blowing out after about 40 minutes every single match.

He needs to do much better. It's actually quite concerning because there's nothing to prevent this lot from spiraling down and I honestly don't think Carlo could stop them.

But thats the problem people can not do that.

Its everyones fault but Carlo Ancelotti.

He could rock up to a press conference dressed in Liverpool clobber and the kit man would be to blame.

Its Cult of Personality stuff.

Too relaxed, too nice, too defensive. I'd have preferred Moyes. No need to have a panic attack, we'll compare their respective achievements when he leaves.

Well he is competing with ZERO achievements so it probably wont be that interesting to be honest...

He needs a miracle to turn this crap around,worst football I've seen since the Walter Smith days

The disappointing thing for me is the football. It's been excused due to the position in the league and some high profile wins. Now a 10th place finish, a negative goal difference doesn't go so well combined with the football played.

Still, a step in the right direction from where we were last season.

But thats the problem people can not do that.

Its everyones fault but Carlo Ancelotti.

He could rock up to a press conference dressed in Liverpool clobber and the kit man would be to blame.

Its Cult of Personality stuff.
theres also the fear factor of getting back on the managerial merry go round, which I kind of get, but isnt a proper reason for sticking with him

He still has my backing, but so far under the Ancelotti regime we have finished 12th (although last season was a farce) and despite a promising start to the season, we have finished the Don Carlos first full season in charge in 10th place. So not only is there no european football, we have also finished below Leeds and a rubbish Arsenal side. So make no mistake about it, a huge improvement is required next season. This season will sadly have to be considered a disappointment and failure.

If the players won’t pass forward or faster, or Holgate makes huge mistakes its not Carlo fault
To shape a habit, you need to repeat it. It will take time, but eventually you will be able to do it almost blindly. The Manchester City players did not even have to stop to see where their teammates were on the pitch, because they practice playing this way every single training session. I'm not saying we should play like City, but to change habits and be confident in it, you have to be exposed to this regularly. This is what I think is clear that Everton is missing, and which is mentioned when people here call for an identity, style of play, structure, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.