2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't bother him. It only proves that the in-camp really haven't got any good arguments. Having read Carlos book recently, it's so very obvious that he isn't the right manager for us. The worst football I can remember for the last 30 years are proof enough.
lol

The season has been an improvement. Big away wins, back in the top 10. Carlo has provided a platform to build on next season.

What do you mean back in the top 10. We finished 8th with Allardyce and 7th with Koeman and they were both absolutely donkeys. lol

Mediocre season at best imo comprising of a good away record, one of the worst home records in the history of the club and countless missed opportunities for finishing much higher mostly due to a mixture of baffling management decisions and a group of players that mostly couldn't give a toss about Everton and just want to be paid.

Club is currently stagnant with a Manager who is good at managing good teams but is trying to do the same with dross which is proving impossible. Hopefully clean out a load more dead wood this summer and bring in quality although i will belive that when i see it as some of these clingons have been clinging on for years.

What do we have to work with?

As in in terms of a style of play?

Sit back 18 yards out and play for set-pieces?

Tell me I'm wrong.
No, that’s about it. We’re also quite good at playing the ball back from a promising position for Pickford to boot up the field to the opposition. Does that count?

I am hoping he can attract quality player in the summer but his negative football might come back to bite him on this.

As for the football I am watching everton play. I dont care who name is it. It is shockingly bad. Non intense and not acceptable. As bad as I have seen. But koeman, sam, and Silva 2nd season onwards was very similar.

Silva first season was a breath of fresh air. Then he decided he wanted possession sideways passing. Carlo is a bit different but the same effect. Non possession ,keep your shape. Try to score from throw ins.
If you watched any of our Covid games he constantly shouting faster and forward, the players simply don’t do it.
he been nice to the players up till the SU game, then he started to question them

What do you mean back in the top 10. We finished 8th with Allardyce and 7th with Koeman and they were both absolutely donkeys. lol

Mediocre season at best imo comprising of a good away record, one of the worst home records in the history of the club and countless missed opportunities for finishing much higher mostly due to a mixture of baffling management decisions and a group of players that mostly couldn't give a toss about Everton and just want to be paid.

Club is currently stagnant with a Manager who is good at managing good teams but is trying to do the same with dross which is proving impossible. Hopefully clean out a load more dead wood this summer and bring in quality although i will belive that when i see it as some of these clingons have been clinging on for years.

We've suffered more than most without a home crowd, you can't level that at Carlo.

Apart from today we've been great away.

Take out WHO he is and ask yourself if you think the manager of Everton had done a good job this year.

We spent 60m to go up 2 places in the league. We brought in a player who dictates when he feels like playing no matter how magical he is when he does play. Our football is beyond atrocious. You can't look at anything on the pitch and think "oh, THATS what we're probably doing in training" because we can't pass, there's no off the ball movement, there's no attacking plan and we are blowing out after about 40 minutes every single match.

He needs to do much better. It's actually quite concerning because there's nothing to prevent this lot from spiraling down and I honestly don't think Carlo could stop them.

Walcott and Bolasie have already left

Looks like the following players will be leaving soon Olsen, King, Besic

then you have the following players in their final year of contract - Delph, Sigurdsson, Coleman, Rodriguez and Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.