2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a style of play that maximises the strengths of the squad and mitigates the weaknesses. Whether you like that style or not, is irrelevant.

With the addition of better attacking players we can change the style of play. If we had "something in place" by which you use as a euphemism for "entertaining to watch" then we could well have been relegated this season.

We don't, quite the opposite infact.

We have two attackers who are quality in the air, have pace and can get beyond a defence. Yet all we seem to do is pass it around the back badly before hitting it out for a throw.

We are not even good at defending throws.

Im not angry. You can check my posts over a long period of time and see that I stopped taking Everton seriously ages ago.

I’ve clearly got a much more objective view than you. I’m talking about the big picture over the period of years. You’re obsessing about points tally’s which are ultimately meaningless. The points swings are small and Everton are still crap in the league and uncompetitive in the cups.
Don't bother him. It only proves that the in-camp really haven't got any good arguments. Having read Carlos book recently, it's so very obvious that he isn't the right manager for us. The worst football I can remember for the last 30 years are proof enough.

Screenshot_20210523-182856~2.png

Keane
Delph
Davies
Bernard

That's the team that lost 1.0 to the RS under 23s last season.

12 of those players are still here.

To me that's the catalyst of where these players aren't at the level it's needed and apart from DCL, none have improve under one of best managers in the game.

They need to gone imo

Dont get me wrong mate I ain't defending these players its clear we need better but Carlo/the coaching staff are underperforming and just as much to blame.

Would anyone genuinely be gutted if he left tomorrow? I honestly wouldn't bat an eyelid same as I wouldn't have with Koeman/Silva/Alladyce which shows he isnt doing anything special.

If you listened to some on here you would think he has taken a team just promoted into 10th when we have finished 8th in the last few seasons under Allardyce and Silva with worse squads.
It's not about our squad compared to our squad under previous managers, it's about our squad compared with other squads for the 2020/2021 season. I would say we had about the 10th best squad. My lad and I did a prediction and we both put Everton 10th. We've achieved what I expected but in reverse, scoring the home points away and the away points at home. I believe Ancelotti will demand 6 or 7 new players over the summer, and we will see a massive change in personnel. Let's see how we get on.

We play counter attacking football because we have a midfield with no pace and unable to beat a man.
Your correct. Carlo chose to put his trust in players he knew. Allan and James. Of course at times they’ve shown their class, but neither has speed. Only time will tell if Carlo’s trust was misplaced.

He needs to ask serious questions of himself and his coaching staff.

Dreadful football for the most part, an inability to turn the home form around.

Simply not good enough and an unacceptable end to the season today. Dreadful, absolutely dreadful
Trying to get them to play football would have resulted in a spirited Fulham style relegation.

Koeman has Lukaku and Barkley and DCL is no Lukaku and non of our mids are anywhere as near as good as Barkley was for us. He also had a younger Coleman
Excuses, excuses. This team was second on boxing day. It's like all quality has been coached out of them.

We don't, quite the opposite infact.

We have two attackers who are quality in the air, have pace and can get beyond a defence. Yet all we seem to do is pass it around the back badly before hitting it out for a throw.

We are not even good at defending throws.
That's because we have one player who can pass forward in midfield and he's injured a lot. But once again, that will only change when we bring in better players. You can't start asking our midfielders and full backs to start doing things they just aren't good enough to do. And once again, this point has nothing to do with style, It's personnel.

Dont get me wrong mate I ain't defending these players its clear we need better but Carlo/the coaching staff are underperforming and just as much to blame.

Would anyone genuinely be gutted if he left tomorrow? I honestly wouldn't bat an eyelid same as I wouldn't have with Koeman/Silva/Alladyce which shows he isnt doing anything special.

If you listened to some on here you would think he has taken a team just promoted into 10th when we have finished 8th in the last few seasons under Allardyce and Silva with worse squads.
I am hoping he can attract quality player in the summer but his negative football might come back to bite him on this.

As for the football I am watching everton play. I dont care who name is it. It is shockingly bad. Non intense and not acceptable. As bad as I have seen. But koeman, sam, and Silva 2nd season onwards was very similar.

Silva first season was a breath of fresh air. Then he decided he wanted possession sideways passing. Carlo is a bit different but the same effect. Non possession ,keep your shape. Try to score from throw ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.