2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mesilier doesn't have a brain injury like Pickford
We have 1 good centre back.
I'd rather Phillips player over Gomes and Davies as he's good at a job, where as they proved zero.
Raphina has had a better season than Richy.

And you're talking about our key side. 8 good players. Meaning we're 3 shy of a good side. Additionally 3-4 are generally injured so we have 6 good players.

Those Leeds players are better than what we have in our squad. They play week in week out. We replace any good player with less quality, hence why I'd say they have better players
The reason why the Leeds players seem so good is that they have a well-drilled system, and everyone knows exactly what to do. We are typically the club that buys these players, often overpriced, and eventually finds out that these players are not really that good.

It is very strange to say that Leeds have a better squad than us, and think you will have difficulty finding anyone outside the Ancelotti cult who thinks the same.

We started the season in a fairly effective 4-3-3. It wasn't perfect and Saints and United got at us a bit. Carlo threw it away instead of trying to tweak what was largely successful and performance wise we stunk from that point onward.

The run in December was actually a curse. He convinced himself that winning ugly was sustainable and it never was. We haven't won to any score but 1-0 since the derby and the path to a win like that when you're playing for it is so narrow that it just isn't a good plan every week.

Of course, we have to.

But the signs aren't good. Because 'good players' don't solve everything if your manager's issue is he needs better players.

Needing better players is fine when you have something in place you can work from. We don't. So we need to start from scratch. Again.
Well we do have something in place to work with, so stop stating your opinions as fact.

And better players will always make you better. Simple as that.

All I'm looking for is just some confidence that we are improving steadily and working to some kind of plan year on year.

In the wider scheme of things getting bothered about 8th/9th/10th finishes misses the point.

We are not putting down roots as a team.

We don't look like a team.

Very, very concerning.

2nd best points total in the last 7 seasons.

I hope what he alluded to was true about us not worrying about FFP this summer.
That's not something to be proud of when a newly promoted team has finished above us, the worst Arsenal team in recent memory, and a crap Spurs side, and a Moyes-managed West Ham side

Loads of teams have their best totals in ages this season because of how it has been. Big clubs suffering with massive fixture congestion etc, lack of fans.

It's not a positive, Zat.

If any of Keane, Holgate, Davies, Siggy are starters next season then we are in trouble.
If Digne, Richie don't up there games to the levels we know they can play at then Carlo must be ruthless.
I really cannot see a great turnabout in fortunes next season as in truth we need so many players to just bring that little bit of quality to us.
Carlo is spot on when he says we are not a possession team and lack quality but it is going to take a hell of a transfer window to get that quality.

2nd best points total in the last 7 seasons.

I hope what he alluded to was true about us not worrying about FFP this summer.
We’re gonna have to take a chance on it and deal with the consequences later, we cannot have the same wasters in the squad in 3 months time

Carlo made a huge mistake in judgment after last season , he thought that quality of this players with two three addition will be enough to fight for top 6 , unfortunately the same as last season when we need it to push we failed , we lost our opportunity way before last two rounds,the challenge is now how and based of what to attract quality player to our club , players with winning mentality, do no ,not sure that with Carlo and his was of playing football we will get to the top , as a matter effect we played at home better with Silva or Dunk then with Carlo in second part of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.