2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also said the season was about being competitive for a Euro spot "and we were".

FFS.
IF he said that then that is absolute BS and he knows it. We didn't bring in James fn Rodriguez, Allan and Doucoure to raise our position in the table to the rarified air of 10th. And if he really thinks that we should be good with 10th we don't need to be paying someone 10m a season to do that.

7th with that squad. Sorry mate he was doing great.
He’s doing a top job at Everton too. So glad we managed to finish in the top half.

7th mid way through a season. Same position as they were the previous season at the same time where he eventually finished 3rd. The chairman is a nutcase.

So....yeah.

He faces exactly the same problem all our other managers have... Our players just aren't good enough. Even if by some miracle we got into the Champions League it'd be short lived.

Disagree, we finished: 8pts off champions league

No matter what way either of us spin it into a positive or negative I think we can agree that we have a half of a decent 11 and no depth.

Aside from Kean only 5 players with a resale value over £30mil in Pickford, Digne, Godfrey, Richarlison and DCL.

When you look at that then it seems clear as day to me that we need to sign young players who can be seen as assets.

As a squad we have 5 decent assets out of 23(?).

In any barometer thats substandard recruitment which needs to change so the manager can improve the team.

Just feel the manager has compounded issues that aren't of his own doing though.

We should expect better. We should expect basic attacking principles to be in place, basic fitness, basic pressing.

They aren't there. As much as I can say the recruitment has been very poor, which it has in a lot of ways, I don't think it's been as bad to lead to some of the performances this year.

And also, we've just given the bloke responsible for the last three years of it another 3-year deal.

If you watched any of our Covid games he constantly shouting faster and forward, the players simply don’t do it.
he been nice to the players up till the SU game, then he started to question them

Agreed...you can see him telling them to push forward and no one moves.

As bad as our team is, it's nowhere near as bad as we've been for most of this season. Pretty much any manager in the prem would have got them playing some form of team football. I really do hate to say it, but he's the wrong manager at the wrong club.
He not mate, Hense why he got a 42% win rate got our highest point total in 5 years, beat the RS and Arsenal away, won 11 away games
The home form been a problem there no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.