2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
8skTIk3.png

I don't wish to question the simplicity of tactics but I feel this simple image I have just knocked together would improve our play more than anything that has been done this season.

I mean it's not hard is it? Everyone in our squad could benefit from this image but I would have Sigurdsson look at it 24/7 Clockwork Orange style until he gets it.

DOES MY HEAD IN!
He didn’t ask Keane to dribble past four Citch players though. And Siggy can’t even hit a proper penalty today.

Where are
8skTIk3.png

I don't wish to question the simplicity of tactics but I feel this simple image I have just knocked together would improve our play more than anything that has been done this season.

I mean it's not hard is it? Everyone in our squad could benefit from this image but I would have Sigurdsson look at it 24/7 Clockwork Orange style until he gets it.

DOES MY HEAD IN!
Where are the opposing team? They are allowed to prevent and harry.

I personally have a tough time putting much blame on Carlo. He is above and beyond of a manager for what we have had recently. People recognize the quality of squad but I don't think a lot of you have a full grasp on how average they are. It doesn't matter who the manager is. Carlo is the one who has made these players look good, not the other way around.

He got sacked because they were doing crap in the league.

They were 7th and in the champs league knockouts.

The chairman went nutty, wanted him to challenge for the title, wanted the players in for extra training, and fined them. Carlo disagreed and was fired.

So...when did he bomb?

Sack him and get who?

Thats not my decision mate that should be the job of our handsomely paid DOF who's wasted a ton of dough on average players these past 3 seasons.

That's the problem with this club - we dont have any long term plan and have a scattergun approach to recruitment then when it inevitably goes wrong its the fans fault.

If you watched any of our Covid games he constantly shouting faster and forward, the players simply don’t do it.
he been nice to the players up till the SU game, then he started to question them

I've watched every one. But he picks the same players. There is no consequence for playing poorly. For not playing faster and forward. They dont and get picked again. That's a problem.

Everyone knew when we appointed him he was the type of manager that would need substantial backing. He hasn’t had that. He brought in James and Allan. Brands signed Doucoure and Godfrey. No offence but the latter two aren’t the calibre of player we need to have us fighting amongst the best in this league.

The club knew this when they appointed him. If they signed him for long term projects similar to how we went about the Silva project, expecting him to build a team over the years to get up there then they have completely shot themselves in the foot.

If he’s not given substantial backing this summer and we end up in a similar position next season then he has to go as he’s not the right fit for this club and it’s long term goals.

To shape a habit, you need to repeat it. It will take time, but eventually you will be able to do it almost blindly. The Manchester City players did not even have to stop to see where their teammates were on the pitch, because they practice playing this way every single training session. I'm not saying we should play like City, but to change habits and be confident in it, you have to be exposed to this regularly. This is what I think is clear that Everton is missing, and which is mentioned when people here call for an identity, style of play, structure, etc.
He partly fixed the midfield but still need more, needs pace, need wingers

H
To shape a habit, you need to repeat it. It will take time, but eventually you will be able to do it almost blindly. The Manchester City players did not even have to stop to see where their teammates were on the pitch, because they practice playing this way every single training session. I'm not saying we should play like City, but to change habits and be confident in it, you have to be exposed to this regularly. This is what I think is clear that Everton is missing, and which is mentioned when people here call for an identity, style of play, structure, etc.
This is perfect when every single one of your squad play the ideal pass every time. Our players would be losing balls on the roof of the Finch Farm pavillion every two minutes. A blind man on a galloping horse can see our squad lacks basic skills in order to play in the manner desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.