Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Former Everton striker Marcus Bent has revealed that he’s spoken to people at the club who have told him which positions they’re looking to strengthen.

Bent has been told that the Toffees are keen on signing a central midfielder and a wide attacker this summer.

logo

Everton are yet to secure European football for next season, and it could go a long way in convincing players to sign the dotted line at Goodison Park in the coming months.
Last summer, despite no continental competitions to play in, Everton roped in the likes of James Rodriguez, Allan, Ben Godfrey and Abdoulaye Doucoure, in what was one of the best windows they’ve had in years.
This time out, the club are likely to go back into the market as Ancelotti will be looking to close the gap between them and the top four.

Former Everton striker Marcus Bent has revealed that he’s spoken to people at the club who have told him which positions they’re looking to strengthen.

Bent has been told that the Toffees are keen on signing a central midfielder and a wide attacker this summer.

logo

Everton are yet to secure European football for next season, and it could go a long way in convincing players to sign the dotted line at Goodison Park in the coming months.
Last summer, despite no continental competitions to play in, Everton roped in the likes of James Rodriguez, Allan, Ben Godfrey and Abdoulaye Doucoure, in what was one of the best windows they’ve had in years.
This time out, the club are likely to go back into the market as Ancelotti will be looking to close the gap between them and the top four.
Yeah, im sure Brands has filled in a coke-addled madman about our transfers.

And also, both have, maybe not Bernie, but, they have both played very well in this league in rare games, the problem is neither has any consistency and of course Gomes suffered a very serious injury that he probably wont ever really recover from.
The physicality and pace that we require were very clearly lacking all along from Bernard and Gomes - I confess I was blinded by Gomes’ ability to pass the ball 5 yards at first (something Morgan and Tom were struggling with at the time)

I agree mate its impossible to not sign the occasional dud but look at our bench yesterday:

Gomes
Delph
Benard
King
Iwobi

All signed by Brands - what do they offer in terms of pushing the first team for a starting spot or even offering some kind of threat off the bench?

I feel sorry for King but the others have had plenty of opportunities and offered very little and ultimately thats on the bloke who's signed them.

Slomes gets a lot of excuses regarding his injury and I don't doubt it would have affected him physically - but prior to that injury he was bang average for a lot of last season the away game at Villa for example was the worst solo midfield display I've seen since the days of Phil Neville.

I'm trying to be kind to Brands, but his negotiation skills seem off

Bernard
Gomes
Digne and Mina are on very very high salaries, and I can't believe we paid that - but then again, on paper, they could have been genius signings, based on their past, and Bernard and Mina had been World cup starters for instance.

But then Iwobi for that price and Delph makes you wonder really what's going on. We can accept mistakes and duds, but it's the kind of money and lengt h of contract which has cost us, and maximised the dud - ness in our squad

Status
Not open for further replies.