Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to be kind to Brands, but his negotiation skills seem off

Bernard
Gomes
Digne and Mina are on very very high salaries, and I can't believe we paid that - but then again, on paper, they could have been genius signings, based on their past, and Bernard and Mina had been World cup starters for instance.

But then Iwobi for that price and Delph makes you wonder really what's going on. We can accept mistakes and duds, but it's the kind of money and lengt h of contract which has cost us, and maximised the dud - ness in our squad
Don't think the prices we have paid for these specific players has been crazy to be honest. Just a sign of where the market is.

- Bernard was a free transfer so the wages are always much higher.
- Mina had just come off the back of a great World Cup
- Digne came in for a relatively low fee (about £10m less than Wolves paid for Semedo).
- Gomes was £22m which didn't seem mad at the time given his performances on loan.
- Iwobi was £28m upfront but when you consider the RS sold Ibe and Solanke for about £20m each with basically zero PL experience compared with Iwobi it is again not that mad.

I think Olsen is a goner due to that thing with his family
Dunno about that. Chris Smalling had it happen at Roma, Dele Ali at Spurs, Marquinhos at PSG and a few others. From what's been reported Smalling's family were held at gunpoint, Marquinhos' father was beaten and the Ali robbery involved threats with knives.

Horrific incidents but I think most players realise it's not something that only happens in certain areas and it's not an automatic leave club kind of thing.

I always enjoy these:

I believe Andy signed up on here a while ago to comment about something specific. He's a very good watch imo.

If were going with 3 in CM then i think we need to have 5 players + Gbamin (due to his injuries). So far thats Allan, Doucoure and Davies.

@BlueToff (or anyone else) in the video theyre purring over Rabiot while also highlighting Zakaria and Kamara (both players i like). Pape Sarr is mentioned as someone who could be signed for £18mil and sold in a couple of years for £40mil+.

Is he supposed to have a much higher ceiling? My guess is that we could get Zakaria/Kamara/Rabiot for £20-25mil each and if they prove themselves after a season thsy'd probably be worth £40mil+ themselves...

Anyway a nice watch...

I always enjoy these:

I believe Andy signed up on here a while ago to comment about something specific. He's a very good watch imo.

If were going with 3 in CM then i think we need to have 5 players + Gbamin (due to his injuries). So far thats Allan, Doucoure and Davies.

@BlueToff (or anyone else) in the video theyre purring over Rabiot while also highlighting Zakaria and Kamara (both players i like). Pape Sarr is mentioned as someone who could be signed for £18mil and sold in a couple of years for £40mil+.

Is he supposed to have a much higher ceiling? My guess is that we could get Zakaria/Kamara/Rabiot for £20-25mil each and if they prove themselves after a season thsy'd probably be worth £40mil+ themselves...

Anyway a nice watch...

From a numbers perspective Sarr seems like the best choice. He shows up as a serious ball winner beyond what Kamara and Zakaria bring. Rabiot is a different kind of player who I like but I just don't see him wanting to come here. His head is seriously inflated.

From a numbers perspective Sarr seems like the best choice. He shows up as a serious ball winner beyond what Kamara and Zakaria bring. Rabiot is a different kind of player who I like but I just don't see him wanting to come here. His head is seriously inflated.

You can slot in Kamara at DM and Zakaria in CM today. Both with only a year on their deals and circa £40mil - 45mil for both.

Allan Doucoure Davies Zakaria Kamara Gbamin

Thats a good amount of options that takes us up a level today.

Sarr probably takes 2 seasons.

You can slot in Kamara at DM and Zakaria in CM today. Both with only a year on their deals and circa £40mil - 45mil for both.

Allan Doucoure Davies Zakaria Kamara Gbamin

Thats a good amount of options that takes us up a level today.

Sarr probably takes 2 seasons.
I think 40m for both is wishful thinking.

The summer needs a midfield / winger sort out

Gylfi, Iwobi, Bernard need to depart. I would even consider one of Gomes or Davies to go too.
King won’t be signed

we need a holding midfield, two creative midfielders and two wingers. And hopefully someone with pace

Id love us to get Traroe. He doesn’t always start for Wolves strangely but he’s always been linked with a higher club

Status
Not open for further replies.