Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not coming here to do that. He's coming here to be a squad player and scoring a goal that matters for us this season will help with our long-term goals of improving the standing of this club.

We're clearly planning on getting rid of Bernard this summer and Carlo seems happy to see Gordon out on loan to develop and might do again for next season.

We can't afford to sign a starting XI player today but King signing today could help us move further up the table and help us afford them in the summer.

Which good players can we get in today with the money we're planning to spend on King? Clearly there's no alternative at this point so we either go through with it or we don't now. I'd rather have him in this squad than not as we clearly need some attacking options with Tosun and Gordon out of the squad.
I hate signing squad players. I don't think you can sign someone who you don't view as being at a starting level unless you've already got an elite squad. Otherwise you get stuck in mediocrity.

doesn't look to be happening mate, what was the full story you heard?? Loan ??
When I asked my mate who gave him the info he sent me this...
Screenshot_20210201-205351__01.jpg

This isn't a new thing though. This forums been clamouring for King in the summer as well.

If he comes, I hope he does well, but come the summer, we will be stuck with another player we want to upgrade.

You think King is going to win us something?
You are asking the wrong question? King is not bought to lead as a star player, but to fill a hole in the squad. That way, he's an upgrade.

I would have kept Tosun, Josh King has scored no goals or made any assists in the championship and we are bringing him in to help a push for Europe?? There’s a reason Fulham are the only other team wanting him, he’s not very good. It’s like Steve Walsh is still here.
He scored more goals the Tosun, he also impact games far more

I hate signing squad players. I don't think you can sign someone who you don't view as being at a starting level unless you've already got an elite squad. Otherwise you get stuck in mediocrity.
Well when we boot out 3 squad players on one day and have one winger for back up and sigurdsson as a back up striker I am willing to compromise.

Status
Not open for further replies.