Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has it come to when we are signing players like Allan, James alongside Digne, Richarlison and fan's are desperate to back them up with players like King.

I understand sometimes signing a relegated teams best player, but going after a relegated teams 3rd or 4th best player, (wilson, Fraser, Brooks) we are never going to win anything.

and not signing someone we are?

Snore.

King is a clear upgrade on Tosun, and a better choice off the bench than Gordon or Bernard. If you can't accept that, then I can only conclude you have an agenda.

Would I prefer we got King on a loan than a permanent? Sure. But either way, he's an upgrade.
If "I don't think Josh King is very good" is an agenda then yes I am an agenda haver.

Let's watch all the poor Everton fans clamouring to get king in (me included) just so we can have something to be happy about..
Yes bolasie gone,tosun gone for now. I know ALOT of people happy with that. But one injury to DCL can't even say atleast we have Simms as back up but now I can't even think of an academy product as back up

All of you advocating for the nothing option better not moan in a match thread when we have nothing to bring on from the bench.
TBH with Richarlison and DCL at the moment it equates to nothing. So nothing wrong with adding something to nothing hoping it shakes things up. Gamble? Not at all......it is much needed and King will be not a long term fix but just a short term fix.

and not signing someone we are?
This isn't a new thing though. This forums been clamouring for King in the summer as well.

If he comes, I hope he does well, but come the summer, we will be stuck with another player we want to upgrade.

You think King is going to win us something?

The problem is we're thinking extremely short here. Could he score a goal that matter for us this season? Sure. Is he ever going to be a consistent part of the XI that pushes us closer to the CL? Nah.

And that's my problem with it. In the summer when we're taking stock of the squad we are going to still need players in attack that take us up a level whether we sign King or not but now we will have King taking up a spot in the squad and minutes on the pitch, not to mention money, that we could be using to get actually good players in with.
He's not coming here to do that. He's coming here to be a squad player and scoring a goal that matters for us this season will help with our long-term goals of improving the standing of this club.

We're clearly planning on getting rid of Bernard this summer and Carlo seems happy to see Gordon out on loan to develop and might do again for next season.

We can't afford to sign a starting XI player today but King signing today could help us move further up the table and help us afford them in the summer.

Which good players can we get in today with the money we're planning to spend on King? Clearly there's no alternative at this point so we either go through with it or we don't now. I'd rather have him in this squad than not as we clearly need some attacking options with Tosun and Gordon out of the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.