Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
JOSHUA King is the subject of late bids from Premier League duo Everton and Fulham, according to reports.

The Daily Echo understands Fulham tabled an offer for King earlier this evening, with Everton now said to have followed suit.

And Football Insider claim that bid from the Toffees in the region of £5million has been accepted.
If so, that would leave King little under three hours to agree personal terms for the switch to Merseyside ahead of the window slamming shut at 11pm.
Norwegian outlet TV2 say Everton are now able to make a move for the 29-year-old after clearing some wages off their bill by sending Cenk Tosun off to Besiktas.

The Daily Echo understands Cherries rejected £13million from West Ham for King in the last transfer window, but he now has just five months remaining on his contract at Vitality Stadium.
Speaking on Friday, Tindall said King had informed him he would be staying at Cherries for the remainder of this season before leaving on a free in the summer.
But Everton and Fulham are seemingly trying to test that resolve.

The problem is we're thinking extremely short here. Could he score a goal that matter for us this season? Sure. Is he ever going to be a consistent part of the XI that pushes us closer to the CL? Nah.

And that's my problem with it. In the summer when we're taking stock of the squad we are going to still need players in attack that take us up a level whether we sign King or not but now we will have King taking up a spot in the squad and minutes on the pitch, not to mention money, that we could be using to get actually good players in with.
He will get at least 5 goals for us. Tosun comes on and doesn’t touch the ball let alone look like scoring

We aren't getting relegated. Fulham might be. Not that I want him, but surely there's no contest for a player looking to play in the prem?
The deal with Fulham supposedly would have a cheap relegation release clause. So the idea is go there and prove he's a PL player for someone else to get come summer. Which might work out and guarantees he will start games. Coming here does not, but obviously he isn't going down here.

lol how many transfer windows were we linked with him under Moyes.

I always thought we'd get him on a free but he did the right thing by Preston and signed a new contract.

Then Harry Redknapp's Portsmouth paid £7m for him which was a lot at the time. Had a good career at Championship level.

Would you Really?
Tosun come in in the PL what 6 times this season and has touched the ball about 4 times in total. I am sure King would of had far more impact
I would have kept Tosun, Josh King has scored no goals or made any assists in the championship and we are bringing him in to help a push for Europe?? There’s a reason Fulham are the only other team wanting him, he’s not very good. It’s like Steve Walsh is still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.