Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet we're the only ones who have watched every minute he played here. Everyone else is going off of stats and highlight videos from him playing elsewhere.

I like Kean. I want us to keep him. He doesn't want to stay and I've given up caring about that. He's gone and that's fine.

It's not a choice of King or Kean, it's a choice of King or nothing for the rest of the season. I'll take King all day given the alternative of nothing.
I've said this a few times but genuinely fine with nothing.

Yet we're the only ones who have watched every minute he played here. Everyone else is going off of stats and highlight videos from him playing elsewhere.

I like Kean. I want us to keep him. He doesn't want to stay and I've given up caring about that. He's gone and that's fine.

It's not a choice of King or Kean, it's a choice of King or nothing for the rest of the season. I'll take King all day given the alternative of nothing.
Dunno. Nothing does sound like quite a tempting option there.

IMG_20210201_211918.jpg

What has it come to when we are signing players like Allan, James alongside Digne, Richarlison and fan's are desperate to back them up with players like King.

I understand sometimes signing a relegated teams best player, but going after a relegated teams 3rd or 4th best player, (wilson, Fraser, Brooks) we are never going to win anything.

Why? You don't think he will make a contribution to help us? Obviously a better alternative than nothing. We want to win, don't know about you.
The problem is we're thinking extremely short here. Could he score a goal that matter for us this season? Sure. Is he ever going to be a consistent part of the XI that pushes us closer to the CL? Nah.

And that's my problem with it. In the summer when we're taking stock of the squad we are going to still need players in attack that take us up a level whether we sign King or not but now we will have King taking up a spot in the squad and minutes on the pitch, not to mention money, that we could be using to get actually good players in with.

What has it come to when we are signing players like Allan, James alongside Digne, Richarlison and fan's are desperate to back them up with players like King.

I understand sometimes signing a relegated teams best player, but going after a relegated teams 3rd or 4th best player, (wilson, Fraser, Brooks) we are never going to win anything.
It's not about wanting King specifically for me. He's a better option than nothing right now. That's all.

No they really aren't. You asked is King better than Tosun and I said from the start that he probably is but not better enough to make it worth giving him a new deal with more years on it that we have to see out before we can sign an actually good player. The goalposts are in the same spot. That adding average players to the squad is bad.
Snore.

King is a clear upgrade on Tosun, and a better choice off the bench than Gordon or Bernard. If you can't accept that, then I can only conclude you have an agenda.

Would I prefer we got King on a loan than a permanent? Sure. But either way, he's an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.