Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

True but you do have to be committed,our recent performances lack just that.

I think they are, they're just doing it ineffectively. Allan and Doucoure as a partnership is a mess without someone else in midfield.

Teams have dropped pressing and pressure a lot this season according to the stats. Less pressure on the opposing defence with the ball, allowing players to have more touches.

We're on level with Spurs in our type of pressing statistically. They just have more effective players at doing it and make winning possession back into goals.

You have to go way back before his arrival, indeed to RM starting. I don't know always picking on one guy it is not just him. There have been incomings good and bad but all down to him and look at the outgoings we have got rid of, who did them.

Oh you are like the rest short sighted and poor memory.

Okay I'm not just picking on him. He's had a ton of work to do.

But there's no excuse for simply adding more tosh/loads of the same type of player, which is what he's done with at least half of the signings.

Yes, he has other roles to fulfill and if he stays he stays but when I see the state of the squad it does make me mad. He's part of that process.

I fear more square pegs in round holes and another home defeat, perhaps a heavy one. Hope I'm wrong.
We haven't had a proper thrashing even though we've been awful, so today may very well by the way. If not, Vardy will have a field day next week.

I think they are, they're just doing it ineffectively. Allan and Doucoure as a partnership is a mess without someone else in midfield.

Teams have dropped pressing and pressure a lot this season according to the stats. Less pressure on the opposing defence with the ball, allowing players to have more touches.

We're on level with Spurs in our type of pressing statistically. They just have more effective players at doing it and make winning possession back into goals.
Being able to defend is a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.