Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gonna play 4-3-3/4-4-2 with four CBs, Sigurdsson in (because set pieces) and Iwobi on the right.

Not saying it's the team I want to see but just think it's what he'll do.

The state of the squad is abysmal and Brands has to answer why that is.

I’m expecting to be a few pints deep by the time this rolls around to take the edge off the inevitable surrender.

Already dreading just looking at our lineup, never mind the match.

Pessism throuout this thread..
That's the problem, not just fans but right through the club.
Not surprising considering all the disappointments and let downs.
Oh to be able to start weekend thinking knowing that we can and will win.
Seemed to be going well at the start of the season, deja vu, up comes the Derby and confidence wrecked once again.

If we have 22 pts by xmas day I'll start to relax - something to build on. Draw tonight and vs Leicester, beat Arsenal.

We should attain safety easily from there

You can’t beat a bit of confidence Steve, I’ll be watching, on tv, hope we are both happy tomorrow night.

Cameron.....we've got the leagues leading scorer, the centre half with the second most passes in the league, a world class manager, current Brazilian internationals, Englands number one keeper(despite what some say) and as long as we keep to Carlos plan and counter Chelseas speed up front we'll be fine. Everton are no slouches in the forward area either. Keep an eye on Zouma...a consistent scorer this season. Wish we could have kept him.

These will pepper our goal, their forward line will rip us a new one the way we are playing. Frank seen a problem witb his team and rectified it by getting a new keeper and they look a different side. Be a hard game this one.
Yes, imagine replacing the worlds most expensive goalie. Frank realised he was just a Spanish Pickford and has sorted it. We need to be just as ruthless.

He's gonna play 4-3-3/4-4-2 with four CBs, Sigurdsson in (because set pieces) and Iwobi on the right.

Not saying it's the team I want to see but just think it's what he'll do.

The state of the squad is abysmal and Brands has to answer why that is.

You have to go way back before his arrival, indeed to RM starting. I don't know always picking on one guy it is not just him. There have been incomings good and bad but all down to him and look at the outgoings we have got rid of, who did them.

Oh you are like the rest short sighted and poor memory.

Cameron.....we've got the leagues leading scorer, the centre half with the second most passes in the league, a world class manager, current Brazilian internationals, Englands number one keeper(despite what some say) and as long as we keep to Carlos plan and counter Chelseas speed up front we'll be fine. Everton are no slouches in the forward area either. Keep an eye on Zouma...a consistent scorer this season. Wish we could have kept him.
Yes I’m with you on Zouma, plenty of pace and better than Mina and Keane, the centre half with the second most passes in the league, 90% of them to his right or left back, his fellow centre back or his goalkeeper and he gets some of those passes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.