Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't really the game for James in all honesty so however we set up he needs to be absolutely covered defensively which for me means he needs to play just behind DCL with set lines of defence behind him.

Pickford
Godfrey - Mina - Keane - Nkounkou
Iwobi - Doucoure - Allan - Richarlison
James
DCL

or

Pickford
Godfrey - Mina - Keane
Iwobi - Doucoure - Allan - Nkounkou
James
DCL - Richarlison
I actually wouldn't mind the 2nd one with Richy playing further up i just worry how open we'd be to counters with basically 3 attacking players and wing backs if they run forward.

IF Coleman is available:

Pickford

Coleman - Keane - Mina/Holgate - Godfrey

Doucoure
- Allan -- Gomes

-- James ----------- Richarlison
DCL

I reckon that's an option - otherwise if Coleman is still out we'll probably go 3-4-3 again with Iwobi on the right..

These will pepper our goal, their forward line will rip us a new one the way we are playing. Frank seen a problem witb his team and rectified it by getting a new keeper and they look a different side. Be a hard game this one.

Logic suggests we beat you, but Everton away never fills me with confidence. Weird tiny crowd factor this time and not the seething mass of noise and exhortation that usually greets the oppo, but I’d still gladly take any sort of win. I’m not fussy!

Logic suggests we beat you, but Everton away never fills me with confidence. Weird tiny crowd factor this time and not the seething mass of noise and exhortation that usually greets the oppo, but I’d still gladly take any sort of win. I’m not fussy!
Logic is only a lying wanqor..

Status
Not open for further replies.