Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a winable game even with our injuries. Werner and Havertz haven't been at the races this season, but the team always has a few goals in them, and their defence has tightened right up since they got Mendy in goal. We're going to need to get crosses into the box, so I want to see Bernard and Iwobi in the side. I'd love to think he'll bring Nkounkou in, but it seems like the manager isn't prepared to give him a chance, so who on earth plays left back, Godfrey? I feel for the guy being thrown in out of position like this. I hope this is the side, but it won't be:

Pickford
Godfrey Keane Mina Nkounkou
Iwobi Allan Doucoure Bernard
DCL Richarlison

We're going to need to grind out the points, which isn't a positive sign of things to come as our players generally don't like hard work, so all in all I feel a comfortable defeat is on the horizon here.

Only match I can watch live until January

Come on lads! I somehow always believe in you lot.

No fullbacks, no James, no creative player, having the likes of Gomes and Siggurdson on the pitch

Doesn't matter. You can do it

1-0 with Pickford becoming spiderman

Still a winable game even with our injuries. Werner and Havertz haven't been at the races this season, but the team always has a few goals in them, and their defence has tightened right up since they got Mendy in goal. We're going to need to get crosses into the box, so I want to see Bernard and Iwobi in the side. I'd love to think he'll bring Nkounkou in, but it seems like the manager isn't prepared to give him a chance, so who on earth plays left back, Godfrey? I feel for the guy being thrown in out of position like this. I hope this is the side, but it won't be:

Pickford
Godfrey Keane Mina Nkounkou
Iwobi Allan Doucoure Bernard
DCL Richarlison

We're going to need to grind out the points, which isn't a positive sign of things to come as our players generally don't like hard work, so all in all I feel a comfortable defeat is on the horizon here.

Hahaha winnable game ffs

We will be lucky to come out of this 4/5 nil

I see a number of teams just below us in the table play earlier than us today. We will be going into tonights game bottom half of the table. We badly need to arrest this slide. I would hope that with the addition of some supporters, professional pride will kick in and spur a performance out of some of our lot. But i fear seeing Sigurdson in the starting line, much less wearing the captains armband. That is practically waving the white flag pre kick off.

Same old crap will be served up again tonight

I expect a baffling formation and line up with us all over the place from the off

Status
Not open for further replies.