2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, ALL Evertonians will judge the likes of DCL, Pickford etc, now the team has A functioning midfield to feed the former and protect the latter. Everton have been dreadful so these players have taken flak (often deservedly) but judge them on whether they can Improve with us after this season eh?

So we not counting cup goals against Chelsea etx anymore?

Add them in, he still only scored in 1 in every 3.76 games vs top 6. So still well below his overall record. But as everyone points out that DCL had a purple patch, we spent £30m on Rom and I'd rather he turned up against the top 6 in the league than have a 'purple patch' in Cup games that we never won a cup in

Just wish the lad could learn how to latch onto a through ball and bury it.

Two examples stood out yesterday:

First one the ball from Gomes was weighted great, just needed to let it run under him and coax it under his spell to be facing up on goal... it hit his heel and momentum broke down immediately (not the first time I've seen balls hit his heel like that)

Second one he took better into stride and got his shot away, but was never troubling the goalkeeper straight at him, top strikers would bury those chances or at least test the keeper.

With the quality in midfield now he will get more chances slipped to him like this so id like to see him scoring more in these scenarios. Currently I'm never confident when he's in on goal with the ball at his feet.

He was very good second half yesterday and the header was phenomenal.

But if we are serious about wanting to be champions league quality all the teams competing in that have world class upfront, top top finishers.

I hope he can find that level to take us there.

Happens to every striker - world class or not.

Can't speak for you personally but I imagine most of us don't watch other sides for 90 minutes every game with quite the focus on individual players in the same way we do Everton and the clubs players. The illusion of things not going to plan more than other teams players is exacerbated by that.

Hopefully, ALL Evertonians will judge the likes of DCL, Pickford etc, now the team has A functioning midfield to feed the former and protect the latter. Everton have been dreadful so these players have taken flak (often deservedly) but judge them on whether they can Improve with us after this season eh?

Some of our fans will never understand this.

The amount of times our players are "finished" "not good enough" etc, despite having an appaling manager or team in freefall is incredible. They totally lack understanding and humility and just write players off without looking at the bigger picture.

Add them in, he still only scored in 1 in every 3.76 games vs top 6. So still well below his overall record. But as everyone points out that DCL had a purple patch, we spent £30m on Rom and I'd rather he turned up against the top 6 in the league than have a 'purple patch' in Cup games that we never won a cup in

Mate it’s to be expected that his goal average against the top teams is going to be lower. I would expect that of any player tbh... Ronaldos goal average against Barca is probably lower than when he plays everyone else .. the fact that our team has never turned up for those games for about 20 years can’t be ignored either.

Mate it’s to be expected that his goal average against the top teams is going to be lower. I would expect that of any player tbh... Ronaldos goal average against Barca is probably lower than when he plays everyone else .. the fact that our team has never turned up for those games for about 20 years can’t be ignored either.

But your arguement was that he scored plenty against them and it was a myth that he didn't show up. He didn't.

He also went through purple patches of scoring loads against crap teams when the pressure was off as we were already ahead and then would go 10 games without doing anything.

But your arguement was that he scored plenty against them and it was a myth that he didn't show up. He didn't.

He also went through purple patches of scoring loads against crap teams when the pressure was off as we were already ahead and then would go 10 games without doing anything.

Not even just for us - you can check his United record for the same proof.

Flat track bully. He disappears in big games due to better players taking advantage of his massive lack of ability.

Not even just for us - you can check his United record for the same proof.

Flat track bully. He disappears in big games due to better players taking advantage of his massive lack of ability.
Not at Inter. Had some pretty big performances against Arsenal and Chelsea under Martinez.

You’re not one of the “ if you took all lukakus goals away we would have actually finished higher in the league “ people are you ?

Lets just give the lad a chance and see how he does with a proper midfield behind him. I mean look how bad our midfield was last season (arguably one of the worst in the league) and he was living on scraps but still managed to get 13. He has already scored a top notch goal this season after just 1 game.

He gets a clean slate from me and will judge him properly at the end of this season now that he is no longer impaired.

You’re not one of the “ if you took all lukakus goals away we would have actually finished higher in the league “ people are you ?

No, but people are complaining about DCL having a purple patch and then not performing for 10 games at the end of the season when we were playing for nothing. And then go on about Rom as he was the best thing ever yet it was what he also did.

Status
Not open for further replies.