2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

FGS our other main striker should have had a hattrick & you pick faults with the player who got us 3 points listing faults no player can be perfect as you state or Barcelona would sign him .......or Bayern Munich .......he is 23 years old - plus I never ever seen Lukaku score a header as good as that or lay the ball off like DCL does ATM .....
He cost us very little, and you want perfection .......?

Its called constructive criticism my friend and aspiring to reach that next level. Carlo wants Europe and so do we. Wish people would stop hounding anyone that analyses things that could improve. I wasnt being negative and acknowledged he had a good game.

Just wish the lad could learn how to latch onto a through ball and bury it.

Two examples stood out yesterday:

First one the ball from Gomes was weighted great, just needed to let it run under him and coax it under his spell to be facing up on goal... it hit his heel and momentum broke down immediately (not the first time I've seen balls hit his heel like that)

Second one he took better into stride and got his shot away, but was never troubling the goalkeeper straight at him, top strikers would bury those chances or at least test the keeper.

With the quality in midfield now he will get more chances slipped to him like this so id like to see him scoring more in these scenarios. Currently I'm never confident when he's in on goal with the ball at his feet.

He was very good second half yesterday and the header was phenomenal.

But if we are serious about wanting to be champions league quality all the teams competing in that have world class upfront, top top finishers.

I hope he can find that level to take us there.

Good post this. That first chance from the Gomes through ball, he should have done better with, ended up getting caught under him and the chance was gone.

First half overall I thought he needed to get more involved in, although some of that was down to the team not looking to get it into him.

Noticed he was always looking to link up with James, he turned away from other players once or twice looking to get the ball out to James.

Great goal though, and most likely would have had a brace if Richy had picked him out after rounding the keeper.

Its called constructive criticism my friend and aspiring to reach that next level. Carlo wants Europe and so do we. Wish people would stop hounding anyone that analyses things that could improve. I wasnt being negative and acknowledged he had a good game.

When we win you're not allowed to be critical of anything.
When we lose you have to jump on everyone's backs and slate everything.
No middle ground allowed.

You don criticise a 23 year old with a match winning goal he scored yesterday- he gets slated if he misses one chance .....
You forget he cost us very little he is 23 years old .....he was joint leading goal scorer last year yet others they know who they are can't wait to condemn him for the least mistake it's not constructive.......he has this season now to kick on which on yesterday's performance ICarlo makes that decision - I think he will with the better midfield behind him I have not gone on the Rhico thread to condemn him for those glaring misses get my point?

@Joey66 Goal reminded me a bit of Joe R. Did you think so?
Oh yes very much so - the power of the jump the, type of cross that he would meet - or big Dunc wpuld meet only one winner in that for the goal then the accuracy of his header keeper never moved just magic - the Latch was the same put balls in like that it's a goal - something Lukaku never had by the way.......I can remember mber one basic header he ever scored for us , but he had other strengths of course ........

Status
Not open for further replies.