2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember the exact stat, but since the 2014/15 season, he scored 5 goals against the top 6 and took that record out of the Premier League with him. Utter myth of a player. Can pound small teams but didn't want to know when we were in a proper game and hid behind centre halves flailing his arms

He scored 13 against the top 6 in his time playing for us.

He scored 9 in 44 in the league against 'top 6'. Which is about 1 goal every 5 games.

He averaged about 1 goal in just over 2 games across his time with us in the league.

He considerably underperformed against the top 6

So we not counting cup goals against Chelsea etx anymore?

How many years now have I been saying that his potential is bigger than Rashford? Who looked the England number 1 compared to Kane yesterday??

Just wish the lad could learn how to latch onto a through ball and bury it.

Two examples stood out yesterday:

First one the ball from Gomes was weighted great, just needed to let it run under him and coax it under his spell to be facing up on goal... it hit his heel and momentum broke down immediately (not the first time I've seen balls hit his heel like that)

Second one he took better into stride and got his shot away, but was never troubling the goalkeeper straight at him, top strikers would bury those chances or at least test the keeper.

With the quality in midfield now he will get more chances slipped to him like this so id like to see him scoring more in these scenarios. Currently I'm never confident when he's in on goal with the ball at his feet.

He was very good second half yesterday and the header was phenomenal.

But if we are serious about wanting to be champions league quality all the teams competing in that have world class upfront, top top finishers.

I hope he can find that level to take us there.
You can't come in this thread speaking sense, who in the hell do you think you are.

Scoring with his head has never been my gripe with him, he's really good in the air, its just a shame he is way below average with his feet.

Last edited:
I'm one of his biggest critics. Great header today. I still think he needs to work on his play when the ball is on the ground, but if he does sort that out he can be a top striker.
What makes you think he isn't? All the things he does in training will convert to the pitch in time.

Last edited:
1985-86
Lineker 30* 5 3 2 40
Sharp 19 1 1 3 24
Heath 10 2 1 2 15
Steven 9 0 0 1 10
Sheedy 5 0 2 3 10

1984-85
Sharp 21 2 3 4 30
Sheedy 11 4 0 2 17
Steven 12 2 0 2 16
Mountfield 10 2 2 0 14
Gray 9 0 0 5 14
Heath 11 0 1 1 13

If only...Christ. And I'm talking about the number of goalscorers at 10 or more, not saying Dom needs to score 30+.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.