2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but people are complaining about DCL having a purple patch and then not performing for 10 games at the end of the season when we were playing for nothing. And then go on about Rom as he was the best thing ever yet it was what he also did.

Mate ... DCL has had a 10 game scoring streak in 4 years . Lukaku had bagged 17 goals as a 17 year old for west Brom in 38 games .. he then came here and scored 87 in 166 apps.. went to untied and “flopped “ under Jose and still managed 42 goals in 96 apps ... he’s just finished a season at inter scoring 34 in 51 games and just set a Europa league record for scoring in consecutive games ... he’s played 85 times for Belgium and scored 52 goals and is his country’s all time scorer. That’s not a purple patch , he has consistently scored goals at every club he’s been at from the age of 16-17 and has been the best striker and goals scorer we have had in the prem and probably since lineker .

Not at Inter. Had some pretty big performances against Arsenal and Chelsea under Martinez.

Yes, even at Inter. He'll always have the odd one where he is unplayable - Chelsea and City for us spring to mind - but generally he totally disappears in big games, and he did so several times last season for Inter.

I wonder what some on here would say about DCL if he missed the chance that Richarlison missed in the first half.
I agree to a point, but then there is far more to Richarlison’s overall game than DCL.

DCL, is a good player in my opinion and will thrive with the better players we have brought in. He has to be given a chance.

I agree to a point, but then there is far more to Richarlison’s overall game than DCL.

DCL, is a good player in my opinion and will thrive with the better players we have brought in. He has to be given a chance.
He’s developing well and I think he’ll beat last years tally with the service he’ll receive.

16/17 - 11 games - 1 goal
17/18 - 44 games - 8 goals
18/19 - 38 games - 8 goals
19/20 - 41 games - 15 goals

Tangible improvement year on year, will be very surprised if he isn't at leat around that 15 mark again. The bigger problem is getting more goals from midfield, hope James and Doucoure can aim for 8-10 each.

FB_IMG_1600177249107.jpg

Apologies if this has been posted but this is class from Cam! Echo will prob print it as front page news!

Tangible improvement year on year, will be very surprised if he isn't at leat around that 15 mark again. The bigger problem is getting more goals from midfield, hope James and Doucoure can aim for 8-10 each.

Well he is one up already.

Mate ... DCL has had a 10 game scoring streak in 4 years . Lukaku had bagged 17 goals as a 17 year old for west Brom in 38 games .. he then came here and scored 87 in 166 apps.. went to untied and “flopped “ under Jose and still managed 42 goals in 96 apps ... he’s just finished a season at inter scoring 34 in 51 games and just set a Europa league record for scoring in consecutive games ... he’s played 85 times for Belgium and scored 52 goals and is his country’s all time scorer. That’s not a purple patch , he has consistently scored goals at every club he’s been at from the age of 16-17 and has been the best striker and goals scorer we have had in the prem and probably since lineker .

....i know they are both strikers, but I wouldn’t compare Lukaku to DCL as they are different types. There’s no doubt who the most effective goalscorer is, DCL will never be as good as Lukaku in that regard, but I’ve been to important games where Lukaku has not been a help to the cause.

A great comparison was v United at Goodison a few years ago where Zlatan Ibromhimivic absolutely showed Lukaku up. He went to war with our back 4 and was a permanent out ball for his teammates. Lukaku in contrast went missing, he never showed for the ball, he never battled. It was an eye-opener for me and a reason why I thought Lukaku will always be a level below top drawer.

Those earlier games he has been on the wing sometimes and would have been a few minutes here and there. I was thinking about Keans stats when he came on for a 3 min cameo on Sunday. Thinking someones going count this as an appearance without a goal on the forum soon. I think its a big season for DCL. Last season he was wrongly critised as there were a lot of players worse than him. I do think this season looking across the squad, he will feel under pressure to perform or be replaced next season.
My prediction - 18 goals this season and a massive fume from his current critics when he is linked with Sky 6 club

Status
Not open for further replies.