2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate ... DCL has had a 10 game scoring streak in 4 years . Lukaku had bagged 17 goals as a 17 year old for west Brom in 38 games .. he then came here and scored 87 in 166 apps.. went to untied and “flopped “ under Jose and still managed 42 goals in 96 apps ... he’s just finished a season at inter scoring 34 in 51 games and just set a Europa league record for scoring in consecutive games ... he’s played 85 times for Belgium and scored 52 goals and is his country’s all time scorer. That’s not a purple patch , he has consistently scored goals at every club he’s been at from the age of 16-17 and has been the best striker and goals scorer we have had in the prem and probably since lineker .

Im trying to exercise restraint and get behind Dom this season despite my best knowledge. But lads comparing him to Lukaku. He will never be a Lukaku even if he becomes a success. Hoping and wanting he can become a 15 a season man consistently but that’s just messing.

You cant honestly believe that Surely? I’m one of if not his biggest critic and I would much rather eat humble pie and get “ I told you so” from people here and watch Everton winning and challenging than I would watching us drop points because of DCL and be “ right” .
how about them apples u dirty rodent??

I really like him and I think he's a great fit for our current squad. We have pace from Richy, guile from James, and just 'move i'm coming through'-ness from DCL, if one methods not working, the others will take over and find a way through, and when all three of our midfielders can hit long shots, opposing defenders got problems... Oh and we have Digne who can run players, hit it long or deliver onto DCL's head at will.

Potentially we have different types of goals from all over the pitch and this lad is no exception, he's a different option to the others and therefore highly valuable to the squad imo.

He's got all the attributes that we love in an Everton #9 if he continues getting around 15 goals and being a huge part of the team play he should become a great Everton player and he has worked his danglies off to get there so some support would be great also.

Status
Not open for further replies.