Confirmed Signing Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
I think it covers particular injuries (basically long period ones). They are insured for it, and they will obviously have to prove the injury to the insurers. Obviously insurers won't cover a player for a certain injury if they've a history of it.
Is being sh1te classed as a long term injury? We could be quids in.

If Ancelotti is here to build, he can build leaders. 30mil on a 30 year old because he's a leader isnt for me. Get someone young in and groom them into the role. That way we can get a couple prospects instead of a tired old player.
Trouble is, you can't coach captaincy.

Some people are leaders, others will never be able to lead.

Our issue is we currently have no really vocal leaders, who can back up the vocals through their own play.

We need experienced players that the younger players can aspire to, and hopefully get rid of the defeatest attitude around the place.

I think it covers particular injuries (basically long period ones). They are insured for it, and they will obviously have to prove the injury to the insurers. Obviously insurers won't cover a player for a certain injury if they've a history of it.

Says here most PL clubs insure their players that if they get injured their wages are paid for 18 months, never knew that.

I firmly believe Insurance only covers death or injuries that finish careers.

I doubt there's an insurance company in the world that could cover wages for Premier League players wages and just imagine the premiums.

may not be for the full amount. I’m certain there is a level of insurance though.

Says here most PL clubs insure their players that if they get injured their wages are paid for 18 months, never knew that.

thank you. I remember there being an injury at Burnley and insurance came into it.

As I say, I doubt it covers injury that doesn't end careers.

At the highest-earning end of the sports spectrum, Premier League footballers are generally insured by their clubs so that wages can be paid for at least 18 months during a period of injury.

Generally, though, this will not include bonuses - for winning trophies, promotion, individual matches, or even scoring goals.

Typically, individual players take out their own personal insurance which covers loss of income as well as the long-term career risks through serious injury or illness.

Most of these policies would cover up to five times a player's earnings so that a £60,000-a-week player would be insured for £15m.

They do goat. It does seem bizarre but like every insurance company, the payouts will be more than covered by the premiums they get in total.

I had always wondered where a football club stands with players getting injuries.I can’t remember who it was at Burnley (wages aren’t astronomical it the princippe is the same) But definitely covered a long injury.

At the highest-earning end of the sports spectrum, Premier League footballers are generally insured by their clubs so that wages can be paid for at least 18 months during a period of injury.

Generally, though, this will not include bonuses - for winning trophies, promotion, individual matches, or even scoring goals.

Typically, individual players take out their own personal insurance which covers loss of income as well as the long-term career risks through serious injury or illness.

Most of these policies would cover up to five times a player's earnings so that a £60,000-a-week player would be insured for £15m.

They do goat. It does seem bizarre but like every insurance company, the payouts will be more than covered by the premiums they get in total.

I had always wondered where a football club stands with players getting injuries.I can’t remember who it was at Burnley (wages aren’t astronomical it the princippe is the same) But definitely covered a long injury.
Forgive me for not taking Gocompare as gospel regarding Premier League football clubs insurance.

The main reason I suspect it doesn't happen is that NEVER have I seen on any clubs balance sheet "insurance payment".

I mean think about us this season.

Gomes, Gmblammo, Mina, Delph all spent quite a bit of time out the side, those players earn around 300k a week in wages, a months wage is 1.2m, surely somewhere in our accounts it would show it as income, no?

Forgive me for not taking Gocompare as gospel regarding Premier League football clubs insurance.

The main reason I suspect it doesn't happen is that NEVER have I seen on any clubs balance sheet "insurance payment".

I mean think about us this season.

Gomes, Gmblammo, Mina, Delph all spent quite a bit of time out the side, those players earn around 300k a week in wages, a months wage is 1.2m, surely somewhere in our accounts it would show it as income, no?

don’t take anything as gospel, I’m no professional just giving what I’ve experienced at a football club.

I can’t pretend to know the ins and outs, just my experience at a football club (championship at the time). It makes sense as footballers are seen as assets to the clubs so you’d want to protect those assets as much as you could just like we’d protect our car, valuables etc.

I wouldn’t know where to look in any accounts though if I’m honest. I don’t pretend I’d know the first thing about searching a football clubs published accounts. I find the tea sheet on a Saturday a tough enough read...

don’t take anything as gospel, I’m no professional just giving what I’ve experienced at a football club.

I can’t pretend to know the ins and outs, just my experience at a football club (championship at the time). It makes sense as footballers are seen as assets to the clubs so you’d want to protect those assets as much as you could just like we’d protect our car, valuables etc.

I wouldn’t know where to look in any accounts though if I’m honest. I don’t pretend I’d know the first thing about searching a football clubs published accounts. I find the tea sheet on a Saturday a tough enough read...

We pay insurance alright, it’s in the accounts. But you can insure anything and obviously the policy detail isn’t disclosed. There are definitely cases around the world of sports people being insured by their clubs for wages, wasn’t there an issue with the Yankee’s and Alex Rodriguez a few years ago when he wanted to come back from injury and the Yankies wanted to maintain he was injured as the insurance would pick up his full 25 mill wage if he was out for a full season.

Its an interesting one, Im sure someone on here knows for certain. Doesn’t seem like a lot of clarity out there on it. If there is I’m sure it’s not universal either, with perhaps percentages being paid by insures/clubs etc, I’d say it varies.

We pay insurance alright, it’s in the accounts. But you can insure anything and obviously the policy detail isn’t disclosed. There are definitely cases around the world of sports people being insured by their clubs for wages, wasn’t there an issue with the Yankee’s and Alex Rodriguez a few years ago when he wanted to come back from injury and the Yankies wanted to maintain he was injured as the insurance would pick up his full 25 mill wage if he was out for a full season.

Its an interesting one, Im sure someone on here knows for certain. Doesn’t seem like a lot of clarity out there on it. If there is I’m sure it’s not universal either, with perhaps percentages being paid by insures/clubs etc, I’d say it varies.

You actually have it completely right, they tried to stall his return from injury bc he was washed and they would have been better off cashing in on the insurance money then paying his wages. Baseball, like most American sports, is a labor (sorry, labour) nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.