Confirmed Signing Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great player but if we're skint then £40m on an almost 30-year old doesn't scream "we have a plan".

Not gonna lie: the plan is probably weather the next two seasons until the 2017-18 dross gets off the books, and try to do well enough to get Richarlison to buy into the plan. Allan makes perfect sense under those conditions.

It looks to me like we probably get this done for 30 million pounds, plus add-ons.

Allan strikes me more as a replacement in the starting 11 for Gomes than as a CDM type.

I think the aim was Allan as the one to get forward and Hojbjerg as the one sitting deeper / doing more of the defensive work.

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Sangare or even Gana back on loan to be paired alongside him.
If, and it’s a big If, we could get most of our money back on Gomes, it would be excellent work by Brands, I think Besic and Bolasie will be moved on as it their last season with us, so we will save money on wages, doubt if anyone will buy them, Sandro will go on another loan saving some more wages, we are stuck with Sigurdsson, Iwobi and Tosun until their contracts run out unless we are very lucky.

If, and it’s a big If, we could get most of our money back on Gomes, it would be excellent work by Brands, I think Besic and Bolasie will be moved on as it their last season with us, so we will save money on wages, doubt if anyone will buy them, Sandro will go on another loan saving some more wages, we are stuck with Sigurdsson, Iwobi and Tosun until their contracts run out unless we are very lucky.
Don't be surprised when Besic is in the squad next season.Just saying .

Status
Not open for further replies.