Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moans how crap our players are.

Moans that Brands cannot get rid.

Maybe some one could enlighten me to who is going to take Sandro on 120k pw or Bolaise on 75k pw?

Perspective is required, unless we release them which would be a huge hit, I’d imagine all those deemed not good enough will be loaned out, with the thought that it covers part of their wages until their contracts expire.

The mess we are in, didn’t happen in one window, and it definitely won’t be fixed in one.

Yep - so many people have massive underestimated the size of the task Brands faced when coming in. The club was put into a mess that will take until 2022 (when the last of stupid big contracts we gave out expires) to properly unpick.

That mess was exacerbated by moving to a manager who - whilst being an absolute coup for the club - seems to want to play a system (442) that does not match the players Brands was previously recruiting for (433/4231).

Complete and utter revisionism on Besic.

I remember one good game, home against City in the league cup semi first leg. I also remember the worst individual performance of a player in a game at home against Arsenal. It was so bad, I remember being stood there wondering if he was having an adverse reaction to some form of medicine or was drunk.

The rest he was below average.

There was a period during Martinez’s second season where he was getting a lot of motm awards and the fans were booing because Martinez kept subbing him. He clearly had more good games than one.

I remember people saying this in koemans second season.

Then we ended up playing Baines every game, he got injured and we ended up playing martina as a make shift LB for the rest of the season.
Digne is absolutely guaranteed to suffer a long term injury in the opening fixture of next season.

Maybe some one could enlighten me to who is going to take Sandro on 120k pw or Bolaise on 75k pw?

Perspective is required, unless we release them which would be a huge hit, I’d imagine all those deemed not good enough will be loaned out, with the thought that it covers part of their wages until their contracts expire.

The mess we are in, didn’t happen in one window, and it definitely won’t be fixed in one.
We have championship players on champions league money, not an easy fix.

There was a period during Martinez’s second season where he was getting a lot of motm awards and the fans were booing because Martinez kept subbing him. He clearly had more good games than one.

We played Swansea at home I recall in the middle of one of his good spells and he goes off injured after 10 mins and then misses the 2nd leg against City. Typical.

Besic was a superb little player on his day, very pacey, tenacious, loved a tackle, good range of passing and comfortable on the ball.

Superb find by Martinez, only 4 mil too, but just kept getting injured. Would love to talk to the club's physios one day you know, are we just unlucky or is there something else going on!

The injuries didn't help but Besic's main problem is his mentality.

He has loads of raw talent, completely two footed player, good passer, good vision, good tackler, not afraid to take a shot and on the surface he is an ideal player to have in your team.

Problem is he can also be a complete imbecile, the type of player who would try and do a rabona past an attacker in his own penalty area or attempt a mad back heeled cross field pass when all he has to do is play a team mate in for a certain chance on goal.

There are loads of players who have loads of talent. Ravel Morrison, Adel Taraabt etc, the key is making the most of it something Besic has sadly never been able to do. Such a waste really as I have always thought he could be a cracking player.

Besic was a superb little player on his day, very pacey, tenacious, loved a tackle, good range of passing and comfortable on the ball.

Superb find by Martinez, only 4 mil too, but just kept getting injured. Would love to talk to the club's physios one day you know, are we just unlucky or is there something else going on!

Superb is a bit OTT

Looks like we've once again hit the moment where the "nobody is doing any business yet" shouts used to defend our lack of activity have become invalid.

Same excuse every year despite us always being the last ones to actually do anything.

Sandro is on 65k a week. Widely reported.
Not sure were all these 120k rumours came from.
Only 2 players on 120k at Everton. Mina and Bernard.

Baningime to Blackpool almost done according to the Echo. Brands is at it on Friday afternoon lol. surely freeing up all the money to get Allan done....

Status
Not open for further replies.