Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not playing high pressure isn't the same as playing ultra deep ( which is the style Keane suits )

I think Keane will stay, but if we were to get Gabriel Keane would be the first to go for me.
I think we will continue to play either a midfield or lower two banks of four and block the other team and that system suits Keane. He's also good on the ball when we are playing out. We need four CBs so no need to sell anyone if we get Gabriel.

I think we will continue to play either a midfield or lower two banks of four and block the other team and that system suits Keane. He's also good on the ball when we are playing out. We need four CBs so no need to sell anyone if we get Gabriel.

Have thought the same for months mate. Agree wholly. But i think a "High energy" midfield will be more dynamic and the bridging piece balancing/transitioning defense and attack- hopefully.

We don't need 4 senior high paid CBS plus branthwaite as we aren't in europe, so if one comes in one will go out.

Maybe he will play as you state but I doubt once he gets his players in it'll be as deep as you think.

We don't need 4 senior high paid CBS plus branthwaite as we aren't in europe, so if one comes in one will go out.

Maybe he will play as you state but I doubt once he gets his players in it'll be as deep as you think.
Branthwaite should go on loan unless we can guarantee him 15 starts or so and we can't do that even without signing someone.

If ffp is a big issue for us then we should really be trying to convince both Fraser and that Newcastle fella to join us

Both would improve our squad. Fraser is much better than Walcott and iwobi and that Newcastle guy is a massive improvement on Davies and Delph
a corpse with Rigor Mortis is a massive improvement on Davies and Delph. Both useless is unique ways. One can’t pass to a team mate 10 yards away and the other is in a permo state or injured.

There's some truth in that, but it's worth pointing out that he's also created problems himself. If FFP was such an issue and we needed to wait until 2022 before we could do anything, we could quite easily have maintained a midtable position without splashing the cash. We could have used the likes of Lookman, Vlasic, Dowell, Kenny, Robinson etc. Tosun, McCarthy and the like are good enough to have you finishing in 12th, so why have we gone out and spent a fortune on new players who haven't moved us up the league? You can't go out and pay Mina and Bernard a reported £250k week between them and then complain that we've got no room on the wage bill.

Brands hasn't been a disaster, and in time he might turn out to be a genius, but looking at what he's done so far doesn't make for good reading really. Most people thought Koeman/Allardyce and Walsh needed sacking because 7th and 8th wasn't good enough. Now we've finished 12th and people are saying that's a good result with this set of players, of which Brands has signed about a dozen. It's a long term job so we'll see whether things come together in time, but he needs a good window this summer or he may find he doesn't get to stay around to find out.

I see what you're saying but can you imagine the fume if we'd not bought anyone for 4 seasons and settled for 12th every year?

I see what you're saying but can you imagine the fume if we'd not bought anyone for 4 seasons and settled for 12th every year?
If the club came out and said they were doing something like this so they could clear the decks and start from scratch, sure folk would'nt be happy but i don't think there would be as much fume as you might think. It's a great idea in theory anyway.

If he gets 15 starts next year then it shows how shocking our transfer business is.
He done well as cover but he should be out on loan getting experience, as a CB game time and experience is vital.
Would think Championship clubs would be all over him. Just need to be sure he goes to one that can actually defend corners as that part of his game needs polishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.