Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Zakaria who is mentioned in this article. Really good centre mid.

Just don't see it happening though. Got CL with Monchengladbach next season and if he decides to move I think he'll be costly and there'll be a load of teams after him. He's the type of defensive midfielder that top teams would like due to his ability to press and get around the pitch.
Zakaria is even more unattainable than Hojbjerg I'd guess. Not too familiar with the other two but I like the RB cartel generally.

Id guess Zakaria would cost £35-40mil.

Hes so good though that its worth it in the same way Richarlison was worth the money.

Surely hes who we should be going after even if we have less funds for other areas. Hes that good.

No 95% of it is a complete and utter dump you peculiar poster.

Lol at that. Have you ever been on a night out in London? The absolute pits, a professional footballer is not going to be seen dead there.
That explains the defensiveness. 30 years ago there was a prestige to living in London. Nowadays there isn’t, unless you’re a middle class hipster melt or a student.

Professional footballers don’t live in the city because they don’t fancy getting stabbed in the abdomen on their way to Waitrose. The affluent areas of London are no more desirable than the affluent areas surrounding Liverpool and Manchester.

If you were earning £100k+ a week as a footballer with all the prestige and glamour that comes with that then you're going to be living in an extremely secure area.

In addition, as a foreign footballer you'll want to be in a cosmopolitan environment and i dont think you can beat london in the UK for that.

You'll have agents and agencies introducing you to models, invites to parties, VIP everywhere.

Celebrities these days play by different rules and i count footballers as celebrities now.

I imagine women also want to mix in those types of circles so single or coupled up London is the place to be.

For me (as someone whose lived overseas for a long long time) id not be against living in Belgravia or a massive house in the countryside with my own driver / bodyguard.

One other thing, footballers playing for southampton probably have no clue about liverpool...but they will know london.

London can be great when you're young. It's an incredibly diverse place and there's so much to see and do. I've also met some of the most nasty and aggressive people in my life there, and It's the only place I've been chased in my car and had someone try to car jack me. Admittedly I was in one of the worst parts of North London; Wood Green, what a total dump that is. If must be a great place to live if you're a young Premier League footballer, though.
Haha used to live in wood green for a bit. Can't say I'm surprised. Horrible place

Doesn’t this fella want Spurs?
Even if we did sign him how is He going to carry an entire midfield who go missing every game ......for 50 games in prem and cups. Oh and stay clear of injury before the current cowards are allowed back out into midfield.

We need 2CM

Haha used to live in wood green for a bit. Can't say I'm surprised. Horrible place
I know the area well too... those flats above/next to the shopping centre is where they found a woman's body more than 2 years after she'd died. Horrible story, but there's a good documentary about it.

That explains the defensiveness. 30 years ago there was a prestige to living in London. Nowadays there isn’t, unless you’re a middle class hipster melt or a student.

Professional footballers don’t live in the city because they don’t fancy getting stabbed in the abdomen on their way to Waitrose. The affluent areas of London are no more desirable than the affluent areas surrounding Liverpool and Manchester.
Off topic but Michael, I think it's fair to say there is a global perception - particularly from those living outside the UK - that London as the capital is a fine place to live.

Whilst I agree, I think places in the North are just as lovely, I think it's fair to say that London clubs will sell London, it's sites and it's travel links to potential players because of its perceived standing as one of the best cities in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.