Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our need for a RM is greater than our need for a LM. But we really don't want to be relying on Bernard or Iwobi as LM's next season (because they're crap). Gordon looks promising, but we can't be relying on him either. I feel like we need to get rid of Bernard or Iwobi (preferably both) and then bring in a new superior LM.

But Bernard isn't giving up his comfy 120k a week and nobody will want to pay the money we'd want to sell Iwobi for (unless we are willing to accept a Klassen like loss). This may mean we need to loan out Iwobi, save on his wages and hope he impresses another club enough for them to eventually buy him.

We really need a new LM, a new RM, and two new CM's. A completely new midfield!
We can get a decent fee for Bernard and it will look really good on ffp. He'll do well in a slower league as well.

You recon when we inevitably sell richy the profit we make will cover the majority of our god awful flops?

I hate to ask the question, but it's a valid one.

We can get a decent fee for Bernard and it will look really good on ffp. He'll do well in a slower league as well.

I agree that he could attract clubs, good clubs from abroad! But as I keep saying, will they match his 120k a week, and even more importantly, is he willing to move?

I just get the impression that he is very happy/settled here at Everton, and that he in no way desires a move elsewhere. It's just the impression I get.

I hope I'm wrong. Selling him for 12 million or so would be brilliant!

I agree that he could attract clubs, good clubs from abroad! But as I keep saying, will they match his 120k a week, and even more importantly, is he willing to move?

I just get the impression that he is very happy/settled here at Everton, and that he in no way desires a move elsewhere. It's just the impression I get.

I hope I'm wrong. Selling him for 12 million or so would be brilliant!
I think he'll want to play, so if we bench him he'll go!

You recon when we inevitably sell richy the profit we make will cover the majority of our god awful flops?

When I saw the story about Jovic leaving Madrid, I did think that he could be a potential replacement for Richarlison.

It had the proposed fee at £31m, which I imagine to be less than half of what Richarlison would fetch. I've got a feeling that he'll be with us for another season, though.

If we sell him this year I’ll legit give up. Hire Carlo and all Richy and it’s not worth continuing.

When I saw the story about Jovic leaving Madrid, I did think that he could be a potential replacement for Richarlison.

It had the proposed fee at £31m, which I imagine to be less than half of what Richarlison would fetch. I've got a feeling that he'll be with us for another season, though.
I also think he will be here another season and see if any progress is made under Carlo, if not he's gone.

Keanes good form for me has meant CB isnt a big need of improvement this season.

2x CM
1x LW
1x CF
1x RW
1x RB

In that order for me

Out:
Sandro
Bolasie
Tosun
Kean
Kenny
Delph
Davies
Bernard
Iwobi

Would happily get rid of all of the above.

Keane has done this before. Cant play a high line + who knows if he turns to mush with a crowd.

Its an ideal time to sell.

I don't think a radical overhaul is all that outlandish. God knows, it's clear that we need one! We may have to fend off bids for our best players, Digne and Richarlison for example, and Moshiri has a habit of selling our best players.

There are also players available on free transfers. How anyone could possibly turn their nose up at Willian when we have Alex Iwobi playing there is absolutely beyond me. I don't know whether Willian would even consider us, but he's an example of a top player that is available on a free, as is Thiago Silva, and 'God forbid' Ryan Fraser.

We really need a radical overhaul!

Willian wants a 3 year deal on £100k+ per week which is why Chelsea havent extended his deal.

We would be insane to offer a player 3 years at that age. Chelsea fans i know arent even bothered about him going and wanted Barca to buy him 2 years ago.

Yeah I've said for years we dont utilise the loan market as effectively as we used to - Martinez getting Lukaku, Barry & De boy on loan was fantastic.

Even Brands first season Gomes & Zouma on loan helped us alot.

Get 3 signings in for money, Willian/ Thiago Silva on a free for 2 years, 1-2 loan signings and the team is massively improved.

No willian no thiago. 2-3 year deals for each is madness.

Not in the current market. And you don’t have to buy all players ready at their peak. Maybe 3 around 20mil, 2 at 30mil and 1 at 40. If they are all 4yr deals, and on an average of 60k a week
That’s basically about 50mil on the books .

I wouldn’t sell, but if money is tight, then maybe it’s something to think about. It’s quite Funny that loads in here talk about buying young players witt sell on value. Then as soon as you suggest selling one to make a big profit on to help a rebuild, everyone is dead against it.

Massive quandary whether we sell a star and risk others wanting to leave + Dignes successor Niels needs 1-2 seasons.

Thought that Walker Peters played well today, saw more from him today than anything I have seen from Max Aaron’s this season who seeks to be the flavour of the month right back.

Emerson at Betis owned by Barca is the answer.

It takes time to build a team , new players need to settle into a club , to get to know the other players ,find out what is expected of them tactically by the manager.
Most players need at least a season to find their feet at a new club if you throw 6or7 players in at once you are massively disrupting the team.
It makes more sense to introduce 2 or 3 players per season and blend them in gradually. It is up to the coach to manage existing players expectations and convince them that it’s worth staying if he can’t then you replace them.
We have to accept that it is very unlikely we will seriously trouble the top spots next season but rather look to see a gradual improvement in results.
If we are no better off in two years time that is when we should be questioning whether we have made the correct appointment.

???
??? Holgate Digne
??? ??? ??? Gordon
Richarlison DCL
Kean needs a year with Carlo.

Anyone else can go as theres not a player there who would be a first choice for top 6.

Pickford

Emerson Holgate Gabriel Digne
??? ??? ??? Gordon
Richarlison DCL
Id feel a lot more comfortable with those two players.

Richarlison > Firminho

DCL will prove to be a ridiculously good buy in the years to come.

Maybe. I hope so. Certainly is fast and good in the air but looks far from a natural
finisher and is often clumsy - for example he had a good chance against Soton from a
Davies pass but went for a Maradona and ended with an Angell.

Carlo could well go for an upgrade.

Iwobi £22.4mil
Walcott £4mil
Tosun £7.2mil
Delph £5.4mil
Bolasie £4.6mil
Sigurdsson £16.8mil

=£60.4 book value

As much as i dont like the player i think we offer Palace a 6 for 1 deal for Zaha.

Better to have him in the squad than all of them + we clear out the deadwood.

Never know, Palace may go for it...

Wed clear off huge amount of wages + FFP would be sorted.

Also i think all of those players would go for the move.

Can someone have a word with Hodgson @Alan Whittle lol

The long-held buy manc policy has had some success. Tim Howard, Phil Neville, Louis Saha, even Darren Gibson, were all good signings. Signing Barry from City was very good as well, but signing Delph was not.

I thought it was ridiculous the way Brands was being lauded as some mastermind for following the long held buy-manc policy when he bought Delph, even more so when he turned out to be absolutely crap!

It used to happen the other way around; Manchester City used to be full of Everton's cast-offs when they were managed by Peter Reid and Howard Kendall in the early 90's

Mate Gibson was never fit , Howard was crap, Neville was bag average and Saha was quality but had injury problems ( if he didn’t he would still have been at Man U) . We also signed Morgan who was one of the biggest frauds in our squad until recently and on massive wages. Rooney came and people can argue if he was a success or not but his huge wages meant we couldn’t keep him. The only time I would say signing a player from them has been a compete, 100%, unanimous opinion amongst fans is kanchelskis

Mate someone would actually probably pay us 40m for DCL ... I would keep richy and partner him with Jovic rather that the other way round .

Status
Not open for further replies.