Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zat , I enjoy your posts and knowledge but this one , even for you, is way out there.

I know that Roy is knocking on a bit and he sometimes comes up with strange decisions but as far as I am aware he doesn't suffer from senile dementia.

Just having a giggle really...

Theyre all Palace type players though arent they?

This is the revolutionary mindset were lacking lol

Certain players will take lower wages for longer contracts + Palace would probably want some of them + I think they would all want to go there.

We can also subsidise some for 12-24months.

Stick Zaha on £150k and weve saved £450k a week and got round FFP with £60mil incoming / £60mil outgoing...

But the £60mil incoming and the wages mean we can rebuild the side.

Highlighted/Underlined bit true anyway.lol

Mate, Gomes' leg was hanging off about 8 months ago, he's playing a formation that obviously doesn't suit him and he's missed half of this season, I don't think these stats are really showing anything.
Well if he doesn’t fit the formation and he isn’t fit then don’t play him. He just winds me up now, players casually running past him , silly fouls given away massive gaps in the centre of midfield. He not the answer.

People fantasising about bringing in 6 or 7 new players in , would they also be willing to allow the manager the time to blend the team together and write next season off?
One of the reasons we are constantly adrift in the bottom half is the rapid turnover in managers and playing staff and the resultant instability this inevitably brings.
Until we accept it will take any manager at least two full seasons to turn a mid table team into genuine top 6 contenders we are doomed to make the same mistakes with ever diminishing returns and perpetual angst.
For me if we can overhaul the midfield and make do with what we've already got in other areas I'd be happy with that.

Mate, Gomes' leg was hanging off about 8 months ago, he's playing a formation that obviously doesn't suit him and he's missed half of this season, I don't think these stats are really showing anything.
I think that’s fair. I am one who never really got the hype before his injury. Lots of pundits would gush over what a silky footballer he was but I can’t think of a single occasion when he had a significant influence over a game. For me he is an OK midfielder, not terrible but not great either.

It’s incredible that we’ve spent so much money over the past few years and don’t even have a team that can challenge for the Europa League, never mind the Champions League.

If Wolves and Leicester are able to be in the Top 6, there’s is certainly no reason we shouldn’t be.

Can you completely rebuild a midfield in one summer?

Is there going to be a pre-season for them to gel?
We aren't rebuilding - apart from Gordon there are no foundations to build on in midfield - we are constructing something new.

But yes , you are right - really difficult to do in 1 window - but in our case totally necessary.

The bit about a lack of a pre season is another difficulty too.

The alternative though is more of the same .

We aren't rebuilding - apart from Gordon there are no foundations to build on in midfield - we are constructing something new.

But yes , you are right - really difficult to do in 1 window - but in our case totally necessary.

The bit about a lack of a pre season is another difficulty too.

The alternative though is more of the same .

I'd raise the question, do good players even need to gel? Look at Fernandes at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.